Thursday, June 10, 2010

Activities

Our summer is well underway!! We have many activities in the planner to keep us busy. This summer Gage is involved in Camp Edventure, Taekwondo and baseball, as well as several Cub Scout Day Camp and camp-outs. Emma is involved in Camp Edventure, T-ball and many Girl Scout Day Camps.

Camp Edventure started this week and the kids sure are enjoying it. In fact, Emma was upset to miss the 2nd day because of a Girl Scout Day Camp. I had to take her out for about an hour this morning for an appointment at the orthodontist. When I got to the school to pick her up when camp was over she started chewing me out because in the hour she was gone "they got to use shaving cream in their art project MOM!" SORRY EMMA! I also get to be the Camp Edventure Librarian, so that is exciting for me. I will get to work 11 hours in June and 9 hours in July, so it only amounts to about 1 day a week. That's enough though, with all of the other things we have going on.

Emma's first trip to the orthodontist was today. They took pictures and x-rays and the plan is to hold off another 6 months. He said she is in the "moderate to severe" category. She has very little room with alot of crowding going on and several of her teeth will be coming in crooked, according to the x-ray. He said early detection and treatment is the key and this will be a several step process, going on into her teen years. They should give a discount for the 3rd family member, I think!

Emma will also be singing her first "real solo" at church on Sunday. Her name is listed in the bulletin now, so there's no backing out for her! She's been wanting to sing by herself since her first couple of times singing with 2 other older girls at church. She will get her chance this Sunday and I'm anxious to see how it goes. She will be singing "All Night, All Day" or a.k.a. "Angels Watching Over Me".

It's looking like we could get some rain today. Both Gage and Emma have baseball games tonight along with Taekwondo practice for Gage. I'm never upset about rainouts. ;-)

This is hopefully the first of many "regular" postings for me. I'm trying my hardest to get back into the swing of blogging.

Until next time...............

No comments: