Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Not a whole lot else went on today, except for some cranky children needing to go to bed early. Thursdays are always hard on Gage because he has hockey practice on Wednesday nights and he typically gets to bed later than normal. He was in complete meltdown right before supper. We got in his bed and started reading some Harry Potter to get by until supper was ready. That helped to get his mind off of whatever was causing his meltdown. He seems to think he needs a Nintendo DS. He is not getting a Nintendo DS. I have my old Nintendo Gameboy that I drug out of the closet for him to play with. He was having troubles playing Donkey Kong which was what started the whole meltdown to begin with.
Hopefully Friday will be a better day for Gage! We haven't picked anything from the Family Fun Box in a few weeks because we already had stuff going on, so maybe that will cheer him up?
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Okay ladies, put your tongues back into your mouth and stop drooling over my man! He didn't come this way, you know! It has taken me MANY years to get him trained, and I think it's finally paying off!! :-)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Good news: They were able to shave it down a hair more and I have it for another month!
Bad news: When I was eating lunch today I bit down on something hard and realized it was my "bubba tooth" and it had come off of the bracket.
Good news: I gagged and hacked hard enough that I was able to spit it up before I swallowed it.
Bad news: Now I look like a dork.
Good news: I was able to get another appointment for this afternoon and they were able to reattach it to the bracket.
Good news: I was on the ball this morning and got my supper put into the crock pot before taking the kids to school.
Bad news: Emma hated supper and said she would rather eat bug soup. We had to fight her to take a few bites, which took FOREVER. Then, just about a half an hour later she was standing in her room looking weird and Scott said, "What's wrong Emma?" Emma replies, "I think I am gonna puke!" Scott yells, "Bathroom, bathroom, bathroom, bathroom!"
Good news: Emma barfed all over the bathroom floor doorway and totally missed the carpet!
Bad news: Stacy was up all night coughing her brains out last night.
Good news: I just took some NyQuil about 20 minutes ago and it's starting to work; therefore, I must go to bed.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Gage's Star Wars X-wing Fighter with R2-D2 as the pilot.
This is a video of Gage's first race that he won. I'm not sure how well it will turn out here, but Gage is in lane 3, the white car towards the middle of the track.
Our first experience with Pinewood Derby racing was a good one with no tears and no broken hearts!
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Tomorrow Emma has another birthday party to attend at the bowling alley after Gage has his Pinewood Derby car race at his school for Cub Scouts. He made his car into a Star Wars X-Wing fighter complete with an R2-D2 Lego head attached! It looks very cool and Scott has the wheels spinning super fast, so we're hoping for some good luck tomorrow! I'm not sure how I will be able to handle the emotional part of the race. As a Mom, you want so badly for your child to win, and it just breaks my heart when that doesn't happen. I will have to give myself a few talks before the race along with Gage! Emma has her own car to race in the extra races they have for family members. Hers is a yellow "Luv Bug" with little flowers all over it. It too, is very cute! I can see a lot of pictures being taken tomorrow and I will do my best to get them posted tomorrow as well.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Tonight I had a volleyball game. I play on a co-ed team at Riverside Elementary. Our team is ranked 1st in our group! It has been fun playing with this group of people. They do a pretty good job of trying to get 3 hits in before sending it over the net. They will also set ME up! Typically when you play with guys, the girls never get to spike. Tonight I bump-set a nice one to one the men on the team, expecting him to hit it over. Instead, he set me up, and I just assumed it was for the other guy beside me. I just stood there and watched it, as the other guy scrambled to try and hit it over. The guy who set me up looked at me and laughed and said, I tried giving it right back to you!! I'll be ready next time! I have had a couple good ones in the past couple games, so hopefully I can get some more!
The other day my friend, Emily, recommended a book to me. The Choice, written by Nicholas Sparks. She gave the book to me on Monday, I believe, and I couldn't put it down and finished it today. Poor Emma kept saying, "Mom, please put that book down, are you going to read all day or what?" I finished it just before I had to leave and get Gage from school this afternoon. I called Emily on my phone and told her she was no longer allowed to recommend books to me because I spent the past 30 minutes bawling my head off! What a great book! I recommend it to all of you. I really love to read good books. I hate to read when it's a book that I don't like. In fact, I can never finish a book if it's one I don't get interested in. I have a couple more new books, Giving by Bill Clinton and The Appeal by John Grisham. I really enjoy reading John Grisham books and just finished Playing for Pizza, also written by him, last month. I'm going to try and read a book per month this year. So far, so good. Gage and I have started reading the 7th Harry Potter book Deathly Hallows, and if it weren't for these darned Star Wars books that he keeps bringing home from the school library, we could get heavily engrossed into that one! If there are any other good books you can recommend, I would love to hear about them!!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
On a happier note, Emma invited her friend Silas over for a play date this afternoon. As they were walking out of the building hand in hand, another little boy in their class asked his Dad why Silas was going with us? I told him that Silas and Emma were buddies and they were going to play this afternoon! (I'm sure he'll be interested in the girls someday!) They had a great time playing and I enjoyed the peace and quiet. Did I say peace and quiet? Yep, I sure did! I think we might have to invite him over more often! They built a fort in Emma's closet and played in there so nicely. Tonight when I checked it out, I noticed there were a bunch of books in there that they must have been looking at and Emma's Leapster. When it came time for me to go get Gage at school I went down to Emma's room to get them to come and get dressed for our walk, Emma looked at me funny as she stood there in her gymnastics outfit as Silas stood there half naked getting ready to put on one of Emma's other gymnastics outfits! LOL! I wish I had caught him dressed in it because I would have certainly tortured him with a picture the rest of his life! HA HA! I bundled them both up in snow pants, hats, mittens, etc for our walk to school. It was very cold, and I guess I shouldn't complain about all of the complaining they did on the way to school! I have never heard such wimps! HA! When we got to the school Silas says, "Stacy, I think my cheeks are frozen!" If you have seen Silas, he has the cutest chubby cheeks and they were as rosy as could be! Then he said, "I think they have frost bite!" HAHA! I gave him my scarf for the walk home; however, it was much more pleasant coming home than it was going to the school, as we had the wind at our backs. After we got home they got to watch a Magic School Bus DVD with popcorn until it was time for Emily to come and get Silas. We had a good day today!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I walked to school this afternoon to pick him up, and also brought a friend's daughter home with us because she had volleyball practice at 4:15 and it was easier for her to come home with us than for her Mom to make 3 trips to the school within a couple hours' time. I thought it was brutal this morning?! HA! That was nothing compared to the walk home this afternoon! My forehead and eyebrows were hurting it was so cold!!! I told Paige that I would drive her back to school because I didn't think she needed to walk back in temperatures like that! The temps definitely dropped from this morning to this afternoon! It's supposed to be even colder tomorrow! Thank goodness Emma goes to school too and I can drive!
We ate an early supper so I could take Emma to dance (we did a make up session tonight since she will be attending Jadyn's birthday party on Saturday and will miss her regular dance time), and Scott and Gage had a den meeting at another Cub Scout's house because they have a shop in their backyard and they were trying to get their Pinewood Derby cars finished up for the race on Sunday.
Anyway, Scott and the kids got home about 8:30 tonight, which is another late night to bed for the kids. My normal Gage is back. He's already had a meltdown from lack of sleep last night, and I can only imagine how it's going to be in the morning! UGH! I begged him before I left his room, "Please, please, PLEASE wake up in a better mood in the morning Gage!"
Monday, February 18, 2008
Scott got home yesterday afternoon from his trip to Kansas. It was a DU Kansas State Convention. They asked Scott to give a presentation. This was also a decoy-type party, and Scott was the LUCKY winner of some more decoys! WOO HOO! We needed more of those! He was quite excited because this was apparently a great deal, and was what he was wanting to win at the last decoy party he went to. There were some ladies sitting at Scott's table and he overheard them talking about Webkinz and how they are addicted to them! Thank goodness I'm not the only one! Scott chimed right into the conversation and told them "My wife is into them too and I just went ahead and bought her one for Valentine's Day!" They thought that was a great idea!!! Then yesterday at hockey, I saw a Mom carrying around a Webkinz and I asked her if she was addicted to them too, and she said, "Well, there are some fun games on there I like to play!" Seriously, I was thinking maybe there's something wrong with me, like I didn't grow up or something, but now I'm feeling a little better about it. My friend Emily's kids are into them and I know she is having some fun with them too. Last night she called me up and said, "You need to get on Webkinz right now and Spin the big kinz cash wheel!" :-)
This afternoon my Mom called me and said, "Guess who I have sitting here at the kitchen table with me?" I reply, "Dad?" Mom says, "Okay, well yeah, but who else?" I couldn't guess. She apparently got Dad to take her to Maryville yesterday and talked him into taking her to Hallmark so she could check out the Webkinz. Apparently they had a sale going. If you bought one regular sized Webkinz, then you get a Lil Kinz at half price. Well, she came home with 6 pets. 2 for Gage's cousins, 1 for herself, and one for Gage, Emma and one for me too! :-) She knows the way to my heart! HA HA!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Saturday, February 16, 2008
I'm glad the day is over. We had dance this morning and I had to gear Gage up for hockey in the basement of the church while Emma danced so that I could have him nearly ready when we got to his hockey practice. We weren't very late at all, so that was good. After hockey Gage went to play with his friend Grant at his house. He had a great time. Emma wasn't very happy about not getting to go, so I told her we could go do something special. We had lunch at DQ and she enjoyed that. Then we ran into the mall to get a few birthday presents for parties we have coming up. She was ticked about that too because she didn't get anything. I guess having a birthday just 2 days ago isn't good enough? UGH! I hate when they get the "gimmies". Then Shannon invited us to eat supper with them at Los Amigos. I didn't have to cook a thing today, and that's always a good thing! :-)
Scott gets back tomorrow. The kids don't have school on Monday due to President's Day or something like that? I have tons of laundry to do and the knob broke off of my washing machine. I am improvising with Scott's leatherman in the time being. Both the washer and dryer are about to bite the dust I think? The dryer is awfully noisy and squeaky when it is running and the washing machine won't spin out half of the time. I think I am in need of a set of those super large capacity, super efficient washer and dryers. I want to be able to wash 100 towels at once. Just think how much time that would save from doing laundry!!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Emily took Emma home with her after she and Silas got out of school, then after Gage got out of school I picked him up and we went over to Emily's and had supper and watched last night's Survivor episode. I had a very quiet day and didn't get as much done as I wanted to get done. However, since Scott is gone this weekend, it will be a fairly quiet weekend at home, except for dance for Emma tomorrow and hockey for Gage Sat and Sun and church on Sunday. This house is a wreck and I have dog hair everywhere, so it is a good time to stay home and get things done!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Last night I attended a Tastefully Simple party that my friend, Emily, was having. It was a lot of fun and we got to taste a lot of different things. I of course had to order a few things to try some of the other recipes in the slow cooker cook book thing I got from another Tastefully Simple party. I already have supper going in the crockpot for tonight. It's called Asian Chive Pork Soup. It smells delicious and I can't wait to try it out. The only problem is that this Asian Chive seasoning is "seasonal" and apparently you can only get the seasonal stuff through the end of this month, and then they come out with their spring and summer line. The bad thing is, that the seasonal products may or may not be available next fall. I wish I would have gone to marketing school so I could think up things like this to keep people spending their money!! After the party I stayed and watched Prison Break with them on television. It was nice to be able to watch it on a clear screen without having to get up and adjust the rabbit ears during the commercials! AND, we didn't have to even watch the commercials because they have some sort of thing through their cable that you can set it to record and watch it later and fast forward through the commercials. I've discovered after watching the episodes on Netflix that the shows are much better without commercial breaks. They are more thrilling and suspenseful without the commercials! We've caught up to the present with the Prison Break series and we have gotten into the 24 show and are up to season 3 right now. I'm told I need to get into watching LOST now. :-)
Not much going on today. I'm anxious to watch a new season of Big Brother that starts tonight. Usually this is aired during the summer, but they are starting one now and I'm anxious to get started watching it! There has been nothing on television since this writer's strike, which will hopefully be over soon!
We're supposed to be getting some snow this afternoon, and I'm not going to believe it until I see it. We were supposed to have had a blizzard Friday night and Saturday and didn't even see a flake of snow! Everyone was so prepared for it too. Emma's dance teacher called Friday night to cancel dance on Saturday in preparation for the blizzard. That was a wasted snow day!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
1. Emma chose a _______________ cake for her 5th birthday.
- A. Littlest Pet Shop
- B. Finding Nemo
- C. Butterfly
- D. None of the above
2. How many butterfly cakes did Emma have made for her 5th birthday?
- A. 1
- B. 2
- C. 3
- D. None of the above
3. Stacy has _________________.
- A. Butterflies in her stomach
- B. Butterfly cakes coming out of her ears
- C. Got to be completely nuts
- D. Both B and C
4. _______ pounds of powdered sugar were used to make the frosting for Emma's cake(s).
- A. 2 (1 bag of powdered sugar)
- B. 4 (2 bags of powdered sugar)
- C. 6 (3 bags of powdered sugar)
- D. None of the above
5. How many neighbors did Stacy have to call to get the extra ingredients she needed to make more frosting?
- A. 1
- B. 2
- C. 3
- D. Are you kidding? Stacy is so organized she wouldn't need to call on the neighbors for extra ingredients.
6. After studying the images below, what did Stacy believe would be the easiest way to entertain the kids during this cake baking frenzy and keep them happy?
- A. Let Emma make her own cake
- B. Let Emma and Gage decorate their own cakes
- C. Both A and B
- D. What? Are you crazy? This would only add to the chaos and mess!
7. What happened to Stacy's butterfly cake when she left the kitchen and was gone for less than 2 minutes?
- A. Nothing
- B. Emma ate the cake
- C. Brie ate the cake
- D. There's no way that Brie, the most well-mannered dog alive, would do anything to cause Stacy any grief
8. How many hours did this afternoon of cake baking/decorating take?
- A. 2
- B. 4
- C. 6
- D. 8
9. Who decided that while the kids and Stacy were busy, it would be a great time to take a nap?
- A. Grus
- B. Griz
- C. Scott
- D. All of the above
10. Who woke up about an hour or so later and decided it would be a great time to ask Stacy, "What's for supper?"
- A. Scott
- B. Grus
- C. Griz
- D. None of the above
11. Who decided they better take matters into their own hands and make spaghetti for supper and sprayed Ragu sauce all over Stacy's cake while she was still in the process of decorating it?
- A. Scott
- B. Gage
- C. Emma
- D. No one would be careless enough to do something like that!
12. Who spent the entire day in their pajamas?
- A. Stacy
- B. Emma
- C. All of the above
12. C, both Emma and Stacy spent the entire day in their p.j.'s!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
6 Weird/Random things about Me
My friend Emily tagged me in this. I think it will be pretty interesting to learn weird things about other people. So, here are the rules.
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
I've had to do some thinking on this, and here is what I've come up with.
1. I am deathly afraid of public speaking. If I attempt to speak in front of a crowd, regardless if I'm standing in front of them or not, my neck turns red with hives and they crawl all the way up to my face and my ears start to burn. My voice sounds like I'm crying and I feel sick to my stomach.
2. I am obsessive/compulsive about certain things. For instance, if Gage or Emma are into a certain toy, I will buy them until they have too many of them. Also with books. If I buy a book and Gage likes it, and it happens to be in a series, we will end up with ALL of the books in that series, i.e. Junie B. Jones, Harry Potter (and now I have them in hardcover as well), Magic Tree House, Magic School Bus, the list goes on and on. Same goes for me and scrapbooking. I want the Cricut die-cut machine, but I'm afraid if I get one, I'll be like my sister and think I need to have ALL of the fonts. (I guess it runs in the family?)
3. I used to be somewhat of a trouble-maker in high school. Actually it was really just with one certain teacher. My English teacher. She told me I was a "rabble-rouser". (According to Merriam-Webster that means "one that stirs up (as to hatred or violence) the masses of the people." That was probably right on target. I did HATE her. I think she didn't like me because I was involved in sports. One day in class, she accused me of talking (and I will tell you I wasn't the one talking in that particular instance) and she attempted to pull my desk to the front of the classroom. I planted my feet on the floor and she was not able to move my desk with me in it. She had fire spurting from her ears as she sent me to the superintendent's office. Well, the superintendent was the basketball coach, so how much of a punishment do you think that was?
4. When we go out to eat, I always order the same kinds of things. I'm afraid to be adventurous because I feel that since we don't get to go out and eat very often, I don't want to waste my meal on something that I might not enjoy.
5. I wish I could sing, dance and play musical instruments. I love to sing, but really stink at it. I wish my Mom wouldn't have let me quit piano lessons when I was young. (At the time I'm sure I would have been very difficult to live with if she hadn't let me quit). I can't dance. I never danced "fast" dances in high school. I am embarrassed to flail about in public. I guess it was a good thing I started dating Scott before I entered high school and didn't have to rely on school dances to find a date. I would still be single if that were the case.
6. I am in love with Webkinz. I want one of my own so that I can play on my own account and decorate my own rooms how I want and not have to be the subject of cruelty when Emma decides she wants to sell everything I've worked so hard to earn!
Now I am supposed to tag 6 people. As far as I know, I only have 2 friends with blogs, and one of them, Emily, tagged me. So, I will tag my other blogging friend, Kara.
Monday, February 4, 2008
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Saturday, February 2, 2008
What an exciting night! Gage's team got to play hockey between the first and second periods during the Bismarck Bobcats hockey game tonight!! You can hear them announce his name in one of the videos if you listen closely! He enjoyed the chance to get out there and skate with Scratch, the Bobcats mascot! I took several pictures during the game, and during intermission when Gage and Emma went out onto the ice to pick up pucks after the "chuck a puck" game where fans buy pucks to "chuck" out onto the ice and try to get their puck(s) to land in the little tire out in the center of the rink to win $1000. (No one won by the way)
The game was loud and crazy and the Bobcats scored the winning goal soon after they went into overtime. They have a lot of fun activities during the game. They have a remote control blimp that they run during intermissions that flies around and drops coupons for free meals at whatever restaurant happens to be paying for advertising that night. Tonight it was Buffalo Wild Wings. The first time the blimp was out, Emma tried her hardest to wave it in our direction, and she was quite disappointed when it didn't come our way. The second time it came out; however, being persistent paid off. As she was nearly sitting on my shoulders waving her little arms off, the guy in control of the blimp must have felt my pain and guided the blimp right over us and Emma caught one of the coupons for a free kids meal at Buffalo Wild Wings. She was thrilled! And what a scam that is, to get families to come in and spend $40 to get a free kids' meal! Whatever works! The most exciting part for me was nearly getting knocked off the bleachers by another fan in attempt to catch a t-shirt that was thrown into the audience right in my direction! (I didn't get the t-shirt either, just in case you were wondering. If I hadn't just been taking pictures of the kids on the ice and hadn't had my camera in my hand, I could have put up a better fight!) Oh well, maybe next time! :-)