Friday, July 10, 2009

Back at it

We're already in full swing back at our usual pace of life. The kids went on an all day field trip yesterday to the ND Game & Fish Department for Camp Edventure. They went fishing and both Emma and Gage said they caught little ones. I'm sure they were fishing at the O.W.L. pond. Don't ask me what that stands for though. :-) I had a few errands to run so did a little bit of that. I spend less money when I stay home though, so that is what I will be doing today......or at least this morning anyway. We are going to the Elks pool with some friends this afternoon, so that should be fun. The kids are excited. Aside from swimming while we were in Iowa, this is the first time we've been to a pool here in Bismarck this summer. It just hasn't been that hot to want to go. In fact, it's 59 degrees right now, so unless it warms up, it's going to be a chilly one!

Yesterday evening Emma and I went to a Girl Scout event at the Superslide. For $3, they got a hot dog dinner and unlimited rides on all of the rides for 2 hours. There were so many people there though, that they didn't get to ride them as many times as usual. They had a great time though and all of the pictures I took are posted on Facebook, so go check them out. While we were standing in line for the water balloon fight at the Superslide, the ambulance, firetruck and 2 police cars pulled into the driveway by the shelter that's just outside the superslide gates. My nosey, rubber-necking self had to go see what was going. I guess a part of me still likes that high adrenaline field of emergency health care. Anyway, there was a younger gal, probably early teens, laying on the ground next to a car. I'm guessing she got hit by the car. They were putting her onto a backboard at the time I started snooping. What a scary accident! I'm sure the person who hit her was a mess, just as much as the girl was scared. It didn't look like there was any family around, so I don't know if she was part of the Girl Scout event at the Superslide, or just someone using the walking trails. I sure hope she is alright. I talked to Emma about the situation on our ride home, hoping that this might remind her to be extra careful when she's out in parking lots etc. If it can happen to a teenager, it can certainly happen to her too!

We had ballgames a few days this week. Gage starts tournament games on Sunday. Unfortunately his first game falls on the same date and time as the Scout Family Swim Night. I wish that didn't have to happen. Missing the swim night will make Gage ineligible for the Summertime Pack Award pin. He didn't get it last year for the same reason. Oh well. Can't win them all.

I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by! School will be in session before we know it. I want to try to get Gage scheduled for getting his tonsils out before the school year starts up and if I don't get on the stick, it's not going to get done. I think all I need to do is call our pediatrician and ask her to give us a referral to our ENT doctor. I would like to do it when nothing is going on, but there never seems to be a time when we have nothing going on. I don't want him to miss school. He's had 2 strep throat infections this past winter, so it's time they come out. Maybe I'll get that call in to the doctor today, since I'm thinking about it.

No comments: