Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Colton!

Last year at this time, we were doing this and this to celebrate Colton's birthday. We had a great time. Gage was sad this morning, knowing it is Coly's birthday today, remembering the fun we had last year. Happy Birthday Buddy!

Today, after Camp Ed, we are headed to the Grand Theater to see the new Harry Potter movie, The Half-Blood Prince. The kids are super excited about going. I am too, actually! We are going to the 12:30 matinee, and hopefully will save a few dollars. I'm also hoping that by going during the day, that the scary parts won't be so scary after we get back outside and it's daylight. I think Gage will be fine, it's Emma I'm worried about. She'll probably be fine too. I'm trying to decide if I should feed them a PB&J on the way to the theater for lunch, or be a totally lame Mom and let them have popcorn and candy for lunch. LOL!

Yesterday, we ended up only giving away our free blizzard punch card to the fifth family at DQ. We only had 5 that we knew show up during our shift, so I didn't have to buy the blizzards for the 10th group. I was really wanting to though. I know there were some friends that went to different DQ's, to support the Girl Scouts, and I'll bet that we would have been close to 10 if they had all come to the one we were at while we were working. I posted a bunch of cute pictures on Facebook if you want to check them out.

This afternoon Scott and Gage will be going to the Shooting Range as Scott has gotten Gage a couple hour lesson there with the guy that runs the place. I don't know if he's planning to take Gage out hunting and let him shoot, or if they are just working up to that point? Then, after supper Gage is going to a sleepover at his friend's house. T.J. said Gage would be his first guest in their newly renovated "attic fort". He's pretty excited about that. Emma wasn't. However, we are going to go to the Sleepy Hollow Summer Theater tonight at 8:30 and see the production of The Wizard of Oz. It should be pretty good, so looking forward to that. I wonder how chilly it's going to be, since it's an outdoor theater? I suppose coats and blankets wouldn't be a bad idea.

Not too much going on this weekend. It's supposed to be nice, weather-wise, so I'm hoping that holds true.

No comments: