Thursday, July 16, 2009

Funny Story

The other night at Emma's baseball game, I asked her why she wasn't running the bases as fast as she could. She said, "Well, Mom, it's because I don't have enough water!" I asked, "What does that have to do with it?" She told me that if she runs too fast, she'll get hot and she doesn't have enough water if she gets hot. Well, last night Emma had another baseball game. I told her that we were going to ensure that she would be able to run her fastest. We took 2 water bottles and 1 bottle of G2 gatorade. You wouldn't believe how fast she ran......................to the bathroom! LOL! Actually, it did make her run the bases faster because she had to prove herself right and me WRONG! Hey, whatever it takes. When she got to the spiffy bif, a man got there right in front of her and so she had to stand outside and wait. She was doing the potty dance like I have never seen her do before. I almost got up to run over there and help her because I wasn't sure if she would be able to get her pants down in time. Those dumb uniform pants are tight around the waist and even I have a hard time getting them buttoned. When she came out her shirt was untucked and I thought her pants were falling down, but it must have been a figment of my imagination, because she didn't even unbutton her pants OR unfasten her belt. There wasn't time. LOL! I did get her shirt tucked back in and then she was good to go. Hopefully I can remember to bring lots of water for her remaining baseball games. :-)

Today is Girl Scout Blizzard Day at Dairy Queen today from 3p-7p!!! Emma and I are scheduled to be at the DQ on Washington Street from 4-5:30. We will be standing along the street waving signs trying to get people to stop and buy blizzards. For every blizzard sold, the Girl Scouts get $0.50. The featured today, which is also the "Blizzard of the Month" is the Tag-a-long Blizzard. These are the yummy peanut butter pattie Girl Scout cookies mixed into DQ's famous blizzard treat. We should have fun. I made my status update on Facebook a challege to all the Bismarckians and said for the 5th family who shows up (that I know) I will give them a free blizzard punch card that I've filled up. My sister, Kysa, challenged me to "pay it forward" to see if that increases sales, so I thought that was a good idea. So, I am going to give my free blizzard punch card to the 5th family who shows up and for the 10th family, I will buy blizzards for the entire family!!! These have to be families that I know, of course. However, it doesn't have to be just my Facebook friends, it can be friends that were referred by them too. (I don't know how else I can get this advertised besides my FB page and my blog.) They will also be selling last year's featured blizzard on Girl Scout Day, which was the Thin Mint blizzard. We get $0.50 on EVERY blizzard sold though, not just ones with Girl Scout cookies, so if you aren't a fan, you can just buy your favorite blizzard treat. Also, to add to the fun, there are cookie costumes for the girls to wear. There are only 2 of them, so they will have to share. They are the Thin Mint cookie costume and the Tag-a-long (a.k.a. Peanut Butter Pattie) costumes. I'm not sure if I will be able to get Emma into one though. As tough as it was to just get her to wear Girl Scout attire this morning, I'm pretty sure I will be unsuccessful at pleading her to wear a costume if she doesn't want to. I can't wait to get pictures and I already have scrapbook ideas flowing through my head! :-) Hope to see you at DQ!!

No comments: