Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A week of fun

We had a great week in Iowa last week. The kids LOVE it when we are there and are always so sad when we have to come back home. Gage was SO sad the night before we left. He had already started crying because he missed everyone. He was a mess Sunday morning when we said good-bye. We stopped in Brookings, SD to eat lunch and he started crying again when we sat down at our table. I asked him what was wrong and he said he missed everyone. I'm sure he was remembering last year when we had Dustin and Colton with us when we stopped at the same restaurant. Anyway, when the young lady brought our food to the table, she noticed that Gage was crying and she said, "Oh, what's wrong? Why are you so sad on such a glorious day?" He told her he missed his Grandma and Grandpa. I explained to her that we were just with our family for a week and he was sad to go home. I thought she was going to start crying and then I DID start crying too! Geez! We were a mess. He cried himself to sleep Sunday night and I think that maybe he might be doing better now. I'm so glad that they have so much fun when we are there. Gage is lucky and has 2 cousins just about the same age as him and they are constantly playing and having a great time. Emma isn't so lucky in that department. The next girl cousin in line to Emma is 13, then 16. However, Janey does a great job of keeping Emma entertained. This time while we were back, my brother-in-law's daughter and kids were there. Her oldest, EmmaRaye, is 7 and I thought that maybe she and Emma would play well together. I'm not sure what happened, but they had gotten into a little fight about floaties in the pool and my Emma just didn't want to have much to do with her the rest of the time. I felt terrible with how she was acting towards her and I tried to get her to stop, but she just wouldn't. After I had spent a little more time around them, I think that maybe a little bit of the problem was that the other Emma was telling some stories about things and my Emma does not like it when people don't tell the truth. She's been having some issues with one of her good friends here and storytelling and it really bothers her, so I'm wondering if that had something to do with it? They did start getting along and I saw them holding hands while they were walking around my sister's house one evening, so I was happy to see them doing that.

We got home about 6:30 Sunday evening.............just in time to get to Gage's ballgame. We were all beat. Poor Gage had to play catcher the last inning and he didn't catch one single ball. I think he was completely exhausted after chasing all those balls and all the squatting he had to do. A couple of times he nearly fell over when he was getting into his squatting position, so I know he was so tired.

Yesterday the kids started back at Camp Edventure. This session goes for 3 weeks, so not much longer. Gage wasn't very happy when he got home yesterday. He said that he didn't have Miss Moen anymore and he was sad about that. I am too, because I really liked her. He said they put him in with the 4th graders. I learned last night at Emma's ballgame that they have a lot less kids this session and they decreased the number of teachers, so had to rearrange some of the kids. I told Gage that maybe the reason he was put into the 4th graders room is because all of the other stuff was too easy for him. He still wasn't thrilled about it. He said he didn't have anyone to play with at recess. The one kid that he knows, he says is mean to him. Ugh! I suppose if it's going to get to where he doesn't like going, I'll just take both of them out of it. There's only a little bit left though, so we'll see what happens after today.

I got all of my pictures uploaded to Facebook yesterday. It took me all morning to do, but I got all of them labeled and tagged, so I don't plan to put them on here. It just takes too long.

Today we have a dark, dreary, rainy day. I'm kind of enjoying it. I am going to make myself a "to-do list" of things I want to get done before school starts back up. I'm sure it's going to be a big list.

No comments: