Monday, July 13, 2009

Going fast

This summer sure is going fast. I'm hoping it slows down just a little before school starts. Baseball is nearing the end of the season. Gage played his first tournament game last night. They lost, but since it's a double elimination tournament, they will play again tomorrow night. They are supposed to practice tonight, but it has been raining all morning and it's supposed to continue throughout the day, so not sure if they will get that practice in or not. Emma had a T-ball game last night and she has just 3 more games left of the season. The T-ball group does not have a tournament since they don't even keep score.

We went to Tuttle Friday night to stay the night, then we came back home Saturday evening. It wasn't such a great time. Scott was not a whole lot of fun to be around. The entire weekend, actually. However, this is probably not the place to get into that, which is why I haven't posted in a few days. You know the saying, "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all"? Well, I decided to not say anything at all.

The kids are at Camp Edventure this morning. They sure are enjoying it this summer. I'm hoping it helps Emma out in the fall since she will be in the big Northridge building with the rest of the kids. I think she is going to adapt quite well. We were very fortunate to get the most requested teacher at Northridge for her 1st grade year, so we are thrilled about that. I need to get started with some school shopping. Emma's closet has dwindled down quite a bit. We were lucky last year and hit a great garage sale and she had TONS of pants. All of them are almost at capri length right now. Some of the jeans are okay to wear as capris, but when they have flared legs, it doesn't look so good. These kids are growing like weeds! Even Gage has outgrown all of his pants. We are lucky enough to get some hand-me-downs from my friend Amy for him though. I LOVE HAND-ME-DOWNS! Unfortunately we don't get many of those for Emma.

I have a couple of errands to run this morning. I need to get Brie's prescription refilled and see about getting an appointment to get the oil changed in my car. I also have a pesky check engine light that's on that I am praying doesn't end up costing a whole lot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: