Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy 13th Birthday Dustin!!

Last year at this time, we were doing this and this to celebrate his 12th birthday. We sure wish he was here again with us this year!! Happy 13th Birthday Dustin!! (Kysa - Good luck in the land of the teenage hormones!................YIKES!)

Yesterday we went straight to the movie theater after getting home from Camp Edventure to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. IT WAS SO GOOD! I think it might be one of my favorite Harry Potter movies yet? I read the book to Gage about 2 years ago now, so I figured I wouldn't remember anything about it and be lost, because I didn't take the time we needed to rewatch all of the previous movies to catch myself up. I actually did remember alot of the stuff, believe it or not! There was one scary part that made Gage, Emma and me jump out of our seats, but other than that, it wasn't that bad. I heard that the final Harry Potter book, Deathly Hallows, will be made into 2 movies so they can do it justice, and they will be released in 2010 and 2011, or 2011 and 2012. I can't remember which. We'll be ready, whichever it turns out to be!

Scott was waiting for us in the lobby of the movie theater to take Gage with him to the shooting range. He bought Gage some private lessons so he can learn how to properly shoot his gun. It was a pretty good deal that the guy gave to Scott. Usually he charges $60/hour, but he charged Scott $40 for the 2 hours that they were there. That was really nice of Mark to do that! I think it was actually a good idea too, because Gage is just not very receptive to learning things when it is Scott and I teaching them. He's been holding his gun really weird when he shoots it and I think Mark may have straightened him out. Or at least showed him the proper way to do it.

After they got home, we ate supper and then Gage went to his friend's (T.J.) house to spend the night in his attic fort. Since Gage went to do that, we took Emma to the Sleepy Hollow Summer Theater to see The Wizard of Oz. It was SO GOOD! It was LONG too! It started at 8:30 and I think we got home around 10:30. The weather was beautiful. After the sun went down behind the trees (right before the play started) it cooled off a bit, but we had taken jackets and blankets, so we were well prepared. During intermission Scott and Emma went to get a snack and Emma told Scott that she really wished Gage was there with us because she knew he would like it too. I was so glad to hear that. They fight so much all the time that you wouldn't know they even like each other, so it's nice to hear stuff like that every once in awhile. I wished that Gage was there too, because I also knew he would have liked it. The gal playing Dorothy did an AWESOME job! She actually sounded JUST like her and looked alot like her too. If they did Annie, I wouldn't even have to learn the lines, I already know them all. :-) Emma could get a perm and play the part, while I said her lines. LOL!

I'd say that with all of those activities yesterday, we're nearly broke! It costs SO MUCH money to do those things, and to do them all in one day hurts the pocketbook! I'd bet we were close to $100. Good thing we're staying home today! :-)

No comments: