Friday, June 19, 2009

Field Trip

Yesterday the kids went on a field trip to the zoo for Camp Edventure. It was from 8a-4p!!! I wasn't sure what I was going to do all day and I admit, that I was a little bit bored. I didn't accomplish too much either. I think I spent the majority of my time making over Kysa's farm on Farm Town on Facebook. What a time waster that darned thing is! I made myself do a few chores before I could even get on though, because I know that's what's going to happen. I should make myself blog before I can get on too, and I wouldn't be skipping days here and there.

We had some more rain yesterday and we were still spared having water in our basement, thank goodness. This morning on our way to Camp Ed, I saw our neighbors Dr. and Mrs. Ramos out for a walk. I asked them if they got water and they said they didn't. They don't have a sump pump either. Now, if we can just hold off on getting more rain, which is a potential in the forecast, we should be good. I feel so very fortunate.

Scott has been out of town quite a bit lately. He gets home tonight from his Living Lakes trip to Minnesota. He'll be home for a few short days before he's gone again next week. I'm getting wore out on all the travel. The kids are too. They keep asking when Dad will be home and are very excited to see him when he is. I guess this just gets us prepared for the fall, when hunting season rolls around again.

I have been having a lot of neck pain the past few days. It's on the opposite side of my neck this time and it's not quite the same as the tension stuff I get on the other side. I'm not sure what I did. I suppose maybe it happened when I was playing volleyball Monday night. I know I dove for a few balls and maybe that jarred my neck? Thankfully Excedrin is helping with the pain.

Not too much longer and the 4th of July will be here. Gage is just dying to get to Iowa to see his cousins and grandparents. He sure does miss it. I do too. We're looking forward to spending some time with our family.

No comments: