Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Routine

I am terrible at blogging if it isn't in my DAILY routine. If I don't do it one day, I'm bound to forget the next! Sorry!

Yesterday was the start of Camp Edventure. YEAH! The kids are at school from 8a-12p. They LOVED it! Gage said he couldn't wait to go back today! I couldn't either! :-) Emma was excited to see some of the kids from her Kindergarten class in her group and she also said she had a good time.

Emma had Daisy Day Camp yesterday from 12p-4p. She had a great time there. One of the girls in our Troop, IsaBelle, isn't in Camp Ed, and lives quite a ways out of town, so she came to town with her Dad and then I brought her home with me so I could take her to camp with Emma. We had a good morning. My plan was to make some Girl Scout SWAPS with her for camp. SWAPS are Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere that the Girls make and trade with each other. Emma and I made some on Sunday for Emma to trade and I didn't want IsaBelle not to have any, so we made some yesterday. They can be anything you want, but the idea is to have a safety pin or pin back on them so they can wear them on hats, or other things like that. Emma and I made little hot fudge sundaes for hers. We got some communion cups from church, then put a white cotton ball in the cup. On top of that I put some brown, yarn-like, kinky doll hair that I had in my craft bucket and then we topped it off with a little red pom pom for a cherry on top. We hot-glued a pin back to the side of the cup and they were pretty cute. For IsaBelle's we made one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people eaters. LOL! They were pretty cute. I thought Emma might get upset because IsaBelle's turned out a little cuter than Emma's, AND I had to go to Hobby Lobby to get the supplies for IsaBelle's. I took a few pictures I'll have to post.

The kids both had baseball games at 5:45p last night and Scott wasn't able to help me out since he had some work things he had to do. Thankfully I know a Mom on Emma's baseball team pretty well and her son comes home with us sometimes from school, Camp Ed, etc., so she took Emma with her. They also live just a few blocks away which makes it convenient. Emma seemed excited to get to go with them and also didn't seem to care if she had Scott or me there to watch her. I was a little surprised by that. I guess because we're involved in about everything they do, they enjoy it when we aren't? I was sad that I missed her debut as a catcher and also missed her first hit off the pitcher! It was the second pitch too! Hopefully she'll do something spectacular like that the next time I'm at her game.

I will try to get back into my blogging routine! :-)

No comments: