Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hump day

Today is hump day, which is another day closer to me heading west for a scrapbooking retreat in Medora. I can't wait. I have been doing very well at getting my stuff organized to go and plan to get a bunch done!

The other night I got a phone call from school wanting to know if I would serve on a task force committee to help get the Corpus Christi Church get ready Northridge Kindergarteners next fall. They asked 3 parents of incoming Kindergarteners to be on the committee, and I happen to be one of the lucky ones. I wasn't able to tell them no, so the first meeting was today after school at the church. I was under the impression the meeting was going to be at the school and was told that the kids could spend that time in the library or the gym, which I had relayed onto Gage. He was not happy that the meeting ended up being at the church. He was so BORED he tells me. However, when we went to tour the classroom area, he and the other kids that were there got up and started running laps around the gym. That was good for them and got his mind off of being BORED! I don't understand how a 7 and almost 5 year old can get BORED so easily? With all of the toys and books and everything else they have I would never think they could get BORED! I'm going to have a list of chores ready for them when they tell me they are BORED again!

No comments: