Monday, January 28, 2008

Wonderful weekend for all

Emma and Kim getting ready for some BINGO!


Gage, Erin and Emma at BINGO for books

Erin and Emma, 2 beautiful girls

Emma loves "see food"


Gage caught red handed with a bowl of popcorn.


Wow, Gage and Emma are sharing!


Emma is very talented to play BINGO and eat at the same time!


Gage, Erin and Emma try to win a BINGO


Gage, Kim and Emma. I believe the main photographer, Juanita, is in the background! :-)


Gage, king of the mountain.


Gage plays "wipeout"!


Gage is going to get back on the horse that bucked him off.


Hallie, Emma and Erik sledding.


Emma and Hallie climbing back up for another run.


Gage devising his plan of attack.
A wonderful weekend was had by all! Gage and Emma had a great time at BINGO for books with Juanita, Kim and Erin. They brought home 2 bags of great books! Gage was MOST excited about the Star Wars book he found. Thanks so much to the Hockings for making this a great time for Gage and Emma! They are a wonderful family and we are so blessed to have them in our lives!
Saturday was spent sledding. Scott, Gage and Emma went sledding with our neighbors Chris, Hallie and Erik.
Sunday was also spent sledding, but this time with Gage's Cub Scout pack.
I had a GREAT time in Medora and was very productive getting 34 pages completed! I only had 4 more pages layed out, but I couldn't even do another page. Believe it or not, I was scrapped out! My friends Amy and Tonya had a great time as well. We arrived at Eagle Ridge Lodge just after lunch and got straight to work getting our stuff set up and soon afterwards the creativity just started flowing. We were up until around 12:30 a.m., if I remember correctly, on the first night? Amy was the first to rise out of the group of 18 Saturday morning, soon followed by me and the fun continued until 1:30 a.m. However, after going to bed we engaged in a "girl talk" session until about 2:30 a.m. I was first to wake Sunday morning at 7:15 MST and got straight to work. Amy and Tonya slept in til about 9:30 a.m. mountain time. Tonya said she hasn't slept that late in 14 years! I couldn't say that about myself!! We wrapped things up around 5 p.m. sunday evening and left our scrapbooking paradise. We weren't even off the gravel road yet when Shelly, the CM consultant, got a flat tire. We were right behind her and had to flag her down to tell her that her tire was flat. Amy stepped right up to the plate and she had that tire changed in at least 30 minutes flat (no kidding!) with minimal help from myself. Shelly and Tonya supervised. I have never had to change a flat tire before. I really think I could have done it, but it would have taken me at least 3 hours to figure out how to get the spare tire out from under the van! One gentleman did stop and offered to help. Amy said she didn't need it, but decided to let him stay and loosen the lug nuts. And, that's all he did. I believe Amy knew more about changing a tire than he did! There was one other pickup that drove by and didn't even bother to stop. You would think 4 women standing along side a secluded gravel road out in the middle of nowhere with a boat load of CM product and tables laying out in the road would have made him at least curious enough to stop. Not! It didn't matter anyway because Amy had it all under control and we were actually loading the stuff back into the back of the van at the time. I decided that the next time I receive one of those emails that asks you to fill out information about yourself and send it on to all of your friends so they can learn more about you, I'm going to fill it out a little bit differently. When it asks "Who would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with?" From now on my answer is going to be Amy Hullet! I don't think there's anything she can't do! She changed a tire in at least 30 minutes flat with heels and not once did she have to lay on the ground like every man I've watched change a tire. In fact, she had on a pink turtleneck sweater and I don't even think she got it dirty? Her hands were the only dirty part of her body, aside from maybe a little bit of sweat! Amy was the hero of the day!
We made it home about 9:30 p.m. and I had a WONDERFULLY DELICIOUS supper waiting in the microwave for me. Scott made a new Pampered Chef recipe that was "to die for"! Venison and broccoli stir fry. (The recipe didn't call for venison, however.) It was really good! He also had the house picked up for me and even dusted the ceiling fan in our bedroom! (Believe me, it needed it!)
Now its back to reality. :-)
We had Emma's Junior Kindergarten parent-teacher conferences. She is doing VERY well and we are so proud of her!
What a WONERFUL WEEKEND! Thanks to everyone involved!

No comments: