Sunday, September 21, 2008

Missed a day!

It's been awhile since I've missed a day of blogging! I didn't even realize I hadn't blogged yesterday until very late last night, after I was already in bed! I had just talked to Emily on the phone and gave her a hard time about not keeping her blog updated!! Sorry Emily!

Gage had a soccer jamboree yesterday and he played 3-half games (6 periods). Gage scored his first goal!!! I was so proud of him! He was very happy about it as well. I think he was a little surprised that the ball came to him and he was near the goal and no one around, so he kicked it right in! WAY TO GO GAGE!

Scott made it home last night around 4:30 or so from the youth waterfowl hunt. Between the 3 boys they got 7 ducks. Scott said one of the Dad's had to make a run to get more shells, as they had already gone through 2 boxes of shotgun shells! :-) I'm impressed that they actually harvested some ducks! After he had been home awhile, he remembered that he forgot to unplug a battery charger in Tuttle, so he and the kids had to make a run to Tuttle last night to unplug the battery charger. I was on my way to a friend's house in Mandan, so he had to take the kids with him. I think they made it back home around 9 or so.

I had an email of a comment that someone had left on my blog yesterday that was kind of neat. I have noticed that my blog gets alot of hits from my blog entry of Emma bottle feeding the baby calves over the 4th of July from people searching for information on this subject. This lady named Sally said "What a delightful post! I wish my first and only experience feeding a calf had been as happy and peaceful as Emma's, but it wasn't. I enjoyed your words and pictures so much that I linked to this post from an article I wrote about how not to feed a baby cow, so that my readers understand there is a proper way...I just didn't follow it!" Emma is famous! :-) I have also noticed that my blog entry "The dreaded "nut cup" seems to get alot of hits from searchers as well! I wonder how many of them get a laugh out of that post! You'd be amazed at how many people search the internet about nut cups. (The latest one was actually searching for "nut cups to make for fall", so I'm sure that my post came as quite a shock on that search! LOL!

No comments: