Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hump day

Well, it is hump day. Half of the week is over and I'm not complaining. Emma had her Jr. Kindergarten Open House at the YMCA today. There are a few kids in her class that she knows from last year, so that is nice. She went off and played with toys while I listened to the information from the teacher. It will be the same teacher as last year. Actually, this will be my fourth year in a row to be with these teachers, as Gage had them his two years of being there at Preschool and Jr. K. They'll miss me next year! Kathy (the teacher) told me that they had stuck Emma into the other classroom and she had to fight to get her back into her room. When I had filled out the paperwork this past spring, I asked Kathy how to be sure I would get her again this year, as they were having alot of changes with their program. She told me to just write her name on my sheet that I turn in. I did that, and she made them get out the paper to show them I had requested to be in her room. I appreciate that. I don't have any problems with the other teacher, but I have had the same teacher for 3 years, why change now? Anyway, we got the teacher we wanted. Emma will have swimming lessons one day of the week with her Jr. K. program. Last year she had 2.
The past few days I have had several things I needed to do. Monday, I had a doctor's appt. scheduled with the neurologist to discuss the MRI and EEG and also to discuss maybe using migraine prevention medications. I told Scott Sunday night that I had the appointment and he was planning to come home during that time to be with Emma. Well, I completely forgot about it on Monday morning, and so did Scott. I felt terrible, as I had called them the week prior with a severe headache. They were probably thinking it must not have been that severe if I don't even make it to the appt? Well, that wasn't the case. I am just having some problems remembering things I have scheduled. It's either because I have too much going on, or I'm getting "old-timer's" disease? I'm afraid it's the latter. I have been writing myself a note each night before I go to bed of things not to forget the following day. So far it has been working. I haven't missed any appointments the past 2 days!
I talked to my Mom on the phone today and was sure to give her my web address to check out my blog. I don't think she gets my emails, so now I know she will be checking it out. Jari, you will have to get her set up so she can leave comments (although some of them might be scary! HA).
I've got about 1 hour here before I go to pick up Gage from school. Wish me luck. I think he's been going to bed at a decent time, so hopefully he's getting enough sleep. The reason I say "I think" is because typically right after supper, I head down here to the basement and start working until late. Scott has had bedtime duty alot lately. He's doing great at it. Last night I could even see him outside painting through the basement windows. I was glad to see that. We need to get that 2nd coat on before it snows! :-)
Nothing else really too exciting to blog about, so I will either post again tomorrow, or later this afternoon if Gage gives me reason to! HA!

No comments: