Sunday, August 19, 2007

Where do I start?

I'm doing pretty good, huh? Are you impressed that I figured out how to get that little neocounter on my blog?? I was!! However, I didn't think about my blog being visited by people who don't know me. I know no one in the United Kingdom or Germany. The only out of country visit I would get would be my nephew, Ryan, who is in South Korea. Although, I'm not sure I know his email address to send him the link to my blog? Kim, J.L., or Sara, if you are reading, maybe you could fwd him the link so I could get a visit from South Korea. Thanks! Oh, and for whatever reason, that neocounter thinks I am from New Salem, ND. I have never been to New Salem. All I know is that Scott tells me they have a big cow there, named New Salem Sue? So, I don't know really if I can trust the thing? I saw someone from Illinois visited, and the city isn't familiar. My sister Kim lives in Illinois. Also my niece Sara. It could be her, I guess. Maybe it could be a little suburb off of Chicago. I'm not sure. So, Emily, if you are wondering who might be visiting your blog from New Salem, it's me, Stacy, down here in the basement.
I couldn't sleep last night. I'm blaming this blog. I was trying to think of things to write about. I think it was nearly 2 a.m. when I finally crashed? Then, at 3 a.m., the little red-haired girl decided to hop in bed with Mom and Dad. I guess she didn't "hop" in. It was more like she plowed through. She had troubles making it to the head of the bed because "there are too many feets in the way". That was funny. She actually didn't stay long. She wanted Dad to take her back to her room, she says she was too hot.
The weather was great last night. A nice cool breeze coming through the bedroom window. Fall is in the air. Speaking of fall, the stores in Bismarck are getting ready for Halloween. We went to Sam's Club yesterday and they had some Halloween decorations out already. There was one cool thing that I would love to have. It was a big cage that you hang from your ceiling or wherever. There was a skeleton in the cage on his knees with his hands around the bars. As we were walking by, there were several people standing in front of it. I stood back until the crowd thinned down, then walked up to check it out. It was talking. I thought it must be activated by a motion sensor, because it would talk when you stood in front of it. It said, "Hi lady in the purple shirt". I looked down to see what shirt I had on. It was more blue, I think. Then, this kid, about 12 years old, walked by and it said, "Hey kid in the gray shirt". He looked down at his shirt and then looked at me. I looked at him, I know with a puzzled look on my face. I was trying to figure out how this thing could differentiate colors. Then, Gage came up to it, and it started talking to him. I believe he was holding up a big box of granola bars to it, and it said, "I would love to have one of those granola bars, I haven't eaten in years, you can even see my ribs!" Then it talked to Emma. I walked away and stood in another aisle off to the side to watch. An older lady walked by and I didn't hear what it said, but I saw her give it a double take, and a dirty look. I was amazed. Then, Scott came up to me and clued me in that there was a man standing in the cell phone booth talking into a microphone. I think I must have some of those blonde genes that all of my sisters got? DUH! Then, the 12 year old boy came up to me and said, "I figured it out!" I didn't want to be outsmarted, so I said, "Yeah, I did too!" HA HA! Man, I would kill to work a day at Sam's Club if I could have control of that microphone. Although, I would probably have to purchase some Depends, in bulk. Gage was a bit disappointed later when Scott told him there was someone operating it with a microphone. Emma did nothing but talk about it the rest of the day. She was quite entertained by the fact that when she held up a multipack of toothpaste from our cart in front of it, it said, "What, do you think I have bad breath or something?" Funny. Anyone reading who lives here in Bismarck, it would be worth the $40 Sam's Club membership fee just to go take a look! I love Halloween.
Oh, and I was reminded that I needed to mention in my blog, another way in which I am "behind the times". Emily thinks it is just hilarious that I don't have a cell phone. I remember when we first met, I had called her I think, and I was giving her my phone number and she asked if it was a cell phone. I told her I didn't have a cell phone. She didn't believe me. I told her that I knew I needed to join this century. Fact is, I hate cell phones. I do like that I can call others on their cells, but I don't want one of my own. Scott has been telling me he has been thinking about getting me one. I told him I didn't want one. He says he would like to be able to get ahold of me wherever I am. I don't want a cell phone. If, I happen to get away from the house, without the kids, or Scott, I am not wanting to be getting phone calls from them! There are times when I think it would be handy. I also think, that maybe for emergencies it would be nice. I also worry that when I'm not at home, and if the kids were to get hurt or sick at school, how would they get in touch with me? Then, I float back into reality and realize that I don't need one. If someone needed to desperately get ahold of me, they'll find me. I'm not far away. And, for emergencies, well, Scott has a cell phone, call him! And, if I'm ever anywhere far away and have an emergency, odds are, Scott will be there too, and he can use his. I don't want a cell phone. We'll see how long I can live without one. My Mom and Dad even have one! It's a track phone. Although, I don't know if they know how to use it. It's just for emergencies they say. Although, when an emergency happens, it would be nice to know how to operate the thing!!! :-) Did I mention, I don't want a cell phone?
Well, I need to go. Emma needs a pair of tennis shoes to start school. We went to Scheels yesterday and their children's shoe department was PACKED with people. I couldn't stand it, so we left, without shoes. I think we're going to look at Target today. Scott, who is quite the shopper these days, says Target has some nice ones. I'll let you know what we find. Later.

5 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

I love how you comment on life! I can just see that skeleton and people trying to figure it out. I'll have to go to my local Sam's and see if they have one! I found you via Emily's blog and I plan to keep checking yours out! FYI - I live in Michigan, but I'm also close to South Bend, IN so I don't know how it shows up on your counter thing!

Matt Johnson said...

I ventured over from Emily J's blog and read yours. I'm proud to welcome a new blogger to the family.

Matt Johnson
-Cebu, Philippines

Emily Jennings said...

I really was wondering who was visiting me from New Salem. My kids LOVE to see New Salem Sue. We pass her when we are on the way to visit my friend Lisa who lives out in the middle of nowhere (Almont)...who by the way has a cell phone. :)

♥ Sara ♥ said...

Yup - I'm the one that showed up from Bolingbrook, IL on your page. It's a suburb SW of Chicago where I'm living in my apartment near school. I got your e-mail so I decided to check out your page :)

- Sara

GE is me said...

Well, I'm the one from RI, & it's a long story how I got here- short version- Mac n' Chz. I'm w/Karen, I'm going to have to make a trip to Sam's to see if we have one in ours! Too funny! I want the hubby to read this so will close it out for now.