Sunday, August 26, 2007

Nervous

Well, I wonder if Gage is as nervous as I am about his first day of First Grade? I just can't believe he's going to be gone all day long, 5 days of the week! I know Emma is going to miss him, but I don't know if she'll miss him as much as Mom will? :-) I know he will be fine. I made up a badge type lanyard for him to wear to lunch with his number on it. They are supposed to have it memorized, and I think maybe he does, but I just want to make sure he has it just in case he forgets. He's excited about lunch at school. They are having Pepperoni Pizza, green beans and fruit choices (whatever that means?). This year they bring their own snacks every day instead of one child bringing snacks for the entire class once a month. I like this better, as I know he will have healthy snacks. I talked to him tonight about lunch time, and that alot of times they don't have alot of time to eat, so he should make sure to eat his lunch before he gets involved in conversation. Yeah, right! I tried convincing him by telling him if he just sits down to eat and didn't mess around, he would probably have more time to play at recess after lunch. Hopefully that helps. I know he will do fine. I guess it's what mothers do best, worry. I'll update you tomorrow on how the first day went! We'll see if Mom can walk away with dry eyes or not. I will be sure to have the camera with me, so I'll try to post those as well.

We did alot of painting today. We nearly have the entire house with at least one coat of paint. There are a few high boards on the south side that we will have to get a taller ladder for. Then there's this part on the north side of the house, behind the garage that is above the patio. I wonder if whoever built that patio and put the roof on it, ever wondered about how difficult it might be to paint one day? I doubt it. This is not going to be easy to do. For one part that is just above the patio roof (I'm not sure what you call it? awning maybe?) we will have to lay down on the top of the shelter (I'll just call it that), and we'll have to by laying on some type of plywood board, or we'll be falling through it onto the patio floor. Then, for the other part, you cannot reach it from the roof of the garage (I tried that today), and you can't stand on the roof/awning of the patio, and you can't use a ladder either because the roof comes out too far. I really have no idea how we're going to get that part painted? Hopefully neighbor Dave will come up with a clever plan! :-) The front side of the house is nearly finished. I just have to trim around the picture window and that side will be done! The north side is done, except for the soffit (sp?). It's hard to get much done during the week, with the kids. (Although I will be short one tomorrow). Then when Scott gets home from work after 5, we eat supper and then I go to work in the basement about 6pm. Weekends are the most productive time for us. We have some possible thunderstorms also, so pray it's not too heavy until we get our gutters back on the house. That's all we need is to flood the basement! UGH!

The kids made pictures today to take to church for our babysitter Erin. She is leaving for college this week. We are so sad. Emma drew a picture of herself with a frown and tears falling down her face, and drew Erin with freckles. Gage just drew a picture of himself. We also gave her a little photo album with pictures of Gage and Emma in it to hopefully keep her from getting homesick. Good Luck at college Erin! We will miss you!

Today is my sister Kim's birthday. She is 45 today. I hope her day went well. I turned 35 this month and I see 40 just around the corner. I hope she's not looking around that corner! Happy Birthday Kim!

He is going to be alright. There is nothing to worry about. He won't starve to death. He'll know where the bathrooms are. He will be fine. Until tomorrow..................

No comments: