Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Car!

Well, good news. Scott bought a truck! YEE HAW! He got a 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extra cab. Even better news, it cost around $40 to fill the gas tank! We'll be rich just living off the savings in gas! HA HA! Earlier this spring we downsized my vehicle from a suburban to a Honda Odyssey minivan. That was HUGE savings in gas! We went from $120 to fill up, to $40! So, we can now fill up 2 vehicles in less than we could fill up just the suburban! Scott's 4x4 Chevy truck wasn't cheap to fill up either. Anyway, I am thrilled to death I don't have to play taxi cab driver as far as Scott is concerned! He spent the evening organizing the garage so he can get his new baby inside. He has never had the luxury of parking in the garage, as his other truck was too tall, mostly because our garage door sags in the middle when it is up. He'll be loving it this winter when he doesn't have to scrape ice off the windshield!!!I'm suffering from another stinking headache today. Went in this morning for an EEG. So hopefully with the MRI yesterday and EEG today, we can get something figured out. They may figure out there's not much of a brain in there. HA HA!Gage has his Open House at school today. He gets to meet his teacher. We already know her from the kids' developmental screenings every 6 months until they turned three. She is so nice and we are thrilled to have her. There are so many kids (100+) in Gage's class that they have had to hire a new 1st grade teacher (the one Gage got), for a total of 5 1st grade classes! It's a huge school, but really, it hasn't seemed that big. We'll see how it goes this year with him attending all day. I'm sure the 3:05 after school pick up is going to be fun with over 600 kids piling out of the school at once. Thank goodness we live within walking distance to the school and don't have to get involved in all of the traffic issues!I think my sister Jari Jo is enjoying my blog. She just sent me an email to send her the link at work! :-) Hey Jari, I think our neighbor has an older car for sale? You can come up and test drive it and see if you would like it for Katie! :-) I'll check on the price for ya.

No comments: