Saturday, August 25, 2007

Productive day

What a beautiful day it was here in Bismarck, ND!! We spent the entire day outside. The kids played, and I painted. I painted the back side of the house, and let me tell you, that was not easy! The back side of our house is 2 stories. I started out just painting as high as I could reach on our regular ladder. Then after I had that finished, I decided that I was going to try and get the high parts as well. I had to use our neighbor Dave's extension ladder for that. I wasn't sure I could do it, but I did. I kept imagining myself falling off the ladder and hoping my kids would know to call 911. It was really hard around the bushes. I thought that if I fell then, at least I would fall in the bushes and that would break my fall. But then I decided that might not be good either, as I would probably get speared by a branch and become shishkebobbed (sp?). Sometimes having a nursing background isn't so good. I know too much about what could happen. Oh well, it gave me some interesting things to think about. Not that I didn't have enough to listen to with the kids. They fought alot of the time. The Webkinz are now in hiding. They won't come out until there's alot of polite talking going on between Gage and Emma. They may never get them back!!
It's funny listening to your kids talk/play when they don't think you can hear them. Gage constantly plays Harry Potter. He casts spells like there is no tomorrow. EXPECTO PATRONUM! The neighbor kids showed up a little later in the afternoon and played for a few hours with Gage and Emma. I was quite entertained with the topics of conversation. I think they were pretending they were in their dreams, but in real life. Gage's friend kept wanting them to be naked in their dreams? Thank goodness Gage didn't want to. I'm not sure what that was all about. I think it has to do with nearing the age of nine. I think kids around ages 9 and 10 are so annoying. I'm not looking forward to those ages. Or the teenage years for that matter!
Gage is doing his best to get his Webkinz frog back. I told him that there was going to have to be alot of politeness going on. He then started picking up the toys that were laying around, and comes upstairs to ask, "Mom, is there anything I can do to help you?" Why yes, Gage, there is! He organized the shoe closet, cleared off the kitchen table, picked up all the DVD's that were lying around out of their cases. I suppose I'll have to give it back eventually. The problem with Emma is that she doesn't really care that I took hers away. So, she's not going to be suckered into doing anything she doesn't want to do. UGH!
Scott and the kids are upstairs watching the original Star Wars movie. Their last night of staying up late. Tomorrow night they are going to be in bed quite early, to try and have a good day at school on Monday! Gage is so excited. He's not half as excited as I am though! HA HA! I'm anxious to see how his day goes, being at school all day long and eating lunch there! I hope he makes good choices. Actually, I don't think they have choices for lunch the first couple days of school. He's a good eater though, so I don't think I have to worry much. It's just hard knowing I won't have much control over that part of his life anymore! I try to always feed them healthy meals, although I know sometimes I get lazy. I can still send a nutritious snack. School lunches aren't always the most nutritious, but they are trying to improve, I think.

No comments: