Friday, August 31, 2007

Can I Have This Dance?

I hope you are all gearing up for the long holiday weekend. Not much on tap here, except to try and get the painting finished on the house! We're getting closer. I also volunteered to work about 5 hours this weekend, as the volumes are apparently up in my account at work. Not that I help much in the volume of things! I am quite slow right now. It is hard to type fast when you have to listen to the same sentence at least 5 times and then decide you can't understand a word of it! I do enjoy doing it though. I know when I get to where I can understand these doctors, I will really love it!
Emma is so excited because she is signed up for dance classes at McCabe Lutheran Church in the Leap of Faith program. She starts Sept. 8. She has been so interested in dancing, especially lately. She has been wanting me to show her how to do a pirouette. I can't dance to save my life. I wish I had learned. I remember going to high school dances and sitting along the edge watching. Most people sitting on the edge watching are doing so because they don't have a date. I had a date. Scott. I thought he danced like a chicken (which is better than I could do!). I would only dance if it was a slow song. Not because of the closeness, but because I couldn't (or wouldn't) dance to the fast ones. I don't want Emma to follow in those footsteps. I hope she learns how to dance. She is very excited about it. Maybe I should sign Gage up too? I don't want him to resemble a chicken when he dances. When I lived in Mississippi, I had some colored friends who said I didn't have rhythm. They were right. So, I figure it's pretty much useless learning at this point in my life. We don't go to many dances, so typically it's not a big deal. At the Ducks Unlimited staff's annual Christmas party, dancing usually starts up near the end. Then, it's more fun to sit and watch anyway. Especially if someone asks Scott to dance. Sorry Scott! :-) Anyway, Emma is very excited about her upcoming dance classes, and so am I!

No comments: