Friday, August 24, 2007

Sucker!!

Yes, I am a sucker. I admit it. The kids and I went to the mall today, and they each came home with a Webkinz. I swore I would NEVER buy another stuffed animal as long as I live. Yeah, right. If the dumb things weren't so cute! I am using them to my advantage though.....Emma's room is getting cleaned, as I type. I spent a few hours Monday cleaning her room, and it never fails, when she has friends over, it gets trashed. I tried making them clean before their friends went home. Gage and his friend did very well cleaning his room. Emma, well, she's a different story. I do NOT know how to motivate her to help out? I try threats, and even if I act upon them, it doesn't work. She just doesn't care. I get so aggravated about her room, I can't even stand to go in it. Anyway, after we left the mall, I told them that they wouldn't play with these Webkinz, online pets, until their rooms are picked up. Gage went right to it. He was getting irritated though, as Emma won't help. She just dinks around and lets the other person do it all. She's smart I guess? So, I'm thinking, at least with Gage, I have some leverage and every day, there will be no Webkinz/computer time until their rooms are picked up! I should include the rest of the house too. :-)

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

Ooooh...sucker. Ha. Today we were browsing around Target and the swimways fish were 50% off, so we got one. Why oh why??