Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Old

Did I mention I don't want to be old? Every night before I go to bed, I comb through my hair looking for grays. I haven't found many lately, until last night. I think I found 6 total! I pull those suckers out as quickly as I can get ahold of them. I suppose when I'm bald, they will be easier to spot.
I worked last night til about 11 pm. Some of you may not know that I am now employed part-time. I started working for a company called MedQuist out of New Jersey as a Medical Transcriptionist. It's quite difficult trying to understand most of the foreign doctors. Anyway, I have discovered since working, why, back when I worked as a nurse on the 3-11 shift, why I hated it. I just can't shut my brain off when I'm done. I looked at the clock last about 3 am. I had to get up at 7 am as I had to go have an MRI of my head and neck today, to try and figure out if there's another cause to my migraine headaches. I can think of one other cause, sleep deprivation!! UGH!
It's wet out again today. Guess I can't paint. Darn. Scott did get a little bit painted last night on the south side of the house. It's looking good.
I saw that my sister Jari Jo, visited my blog! :-) She thinks I am windy. She is probably right. We'll see what happens when the newness wears off. Maybe she can show Mom how to find my blog.
Only 6 more days until school starts for Gage! He will be in First Grade this year. Seems unreal. Makes me feel old. HA! We're counting down the days. I'm not sure what Emma and I will do to stay busy while Gage is away all day. They only do half-day Kindergarten here, so this year will be a new adventure. Emma starts Jr. Kindergarten on Sept. 5. I'm hoping I can rearrange my work hours to be during the time they are in school, so I can get some more sleep!
Not much planned here today. Scott has the car, so we're stuck here at home. He's searching for a vehicle and I will be SO GLAD when he finds one. Being a one-vehicle family is for the birds!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are not old until you have a junior a freshman and a 6th grader.
I need another vehicle too. 2 isn't enough anymore. Katie needs one too. your gray hairs are proof of strength and wisdom. don't pull them or you will go bald
color them like I do. LOL love ya JJ