Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sugar bugs!

Well, the sugar bugs have invaded our house. Emma had an appointment with the dentist today and had her first set of x-rays (they have their first set when they are 4). She has a cavity. I am not surprised. She eats candy all the time. I don't even know where she finds half of it. She tries telling me she doesn't, but she hasn't figured out that picking up the empty wrappers might keep her out of trouble! Gage has not yet had a cavity, so I'm not sure of what filling a cavity entails in a child these days. She has already told me she doesn't want a shot. I told her that I don't know what they will do, but if she has to get a shot, then maybe she'll stop eating so much candy, or try to brush her teeth after she eats it? I have a feeling, even though she is the second child, that there will be a lot of "firsts" yet to come. Her appointment is in December, so we have plenty of time to worry about it.

1 comment:

taygold said...

If you get a good dentist she will never see or feel the needle coming. Be sure to use a child dentist as they are real sneaky with the needle. Trust me I had to take Cody to one because he was so freeked out when he saw the needle. Good luck!!!