Monday, August 20, 2007

Well, we found Emma some shoes at Target. They were half the price of Scheels' sale price, so instead of saving money, I bought 2 pair. A girl needs shoes, right? I was also quite excited to find a couple of pairs of jeans for her, that fit around the waist AND are long enough!!! She wasn't sure she liked them around her feet. I said, "Emma, that is the way jeans are supposed to fit, not like you're expecting a flood!"
I found a store I'm in love with at the mall. C.J. Banks, which I believe is Christopher and Banks for fat people. HA! I didn't know it was for fat people until I walked by their store window display, which had a very cute skirt, that lured me in. I went in and found it (with some help) and then discovered it was a store for us full-figured women. :-) Anyway, I really liked it, and it wasn't very expensive, but I had to think about it so we went on to Target. On the way back through the mall, I went in and bought it. I decided to spend some of my birthday money and have a new outfit for church. They had some awesome sales and I found 2 tops to go with the skirt. Then, Scott wanted to stop in Eddie Bauer, so we did. I found a sweater/blouse in there that matched my skirt too! It was on sale, from $40 to $9.99, but they were having a sale on their sale, so I got it for $7! I bought 3 outfits for under $80! Who cares if they are all with the same bottoms? Each top makes the skirt look different, so maybe no one at church will notice? Now I need some shoes to go with it. HA HA!
We've had 3 wet, dreary days in a row. I'm not complaining, because I love that type of weather. The problem is we need to get our house painted! We have 2 sides to go, and they each need 2 coats. I hope we can get it done before it snows!
I'm enjoying my blog so far, but I don't think my family is checking it out? Actually, I think Kysa did, as I see a Creston, IA on my neocounter. Maybe the Redfield is some family? I guess that would be the equivolent to me being in New Salem? They need to post comments on my blog and let me know what they think.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read the blog you are windy I don't know where I am from but I am visiting. Love ya sis keep up the blogging

GE is me said...

Stacy, I love the blog. Don't listen to your sister. You are not "windy"- btw I didn't have a cell phone until I was temporarily homeless in 2002. Now I don't know what I'd do w/out one. But I completely understand what you're saying about not wanting to be found if you are out w/out hubby & children!
Also, I believe the Bible in Prov. says that gray hair is a sign of wisdom. So it doesn't mean you are getting old, just wiser! :)
God Bless.
Gail from RI

GE is me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.