Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Black Friday

How many of you are going out to snag up all of the Black Friday bargains? My friend Emily and I are going to give it a shot. Tomorrow we are going to buy the paper and check out all of our options. Kohl's opens at 4am, so I know we can hit at least 2 store openings! I can't wait to see what they have to offer this year! Who knows, maybe I can find myself a new camera for a great deal? I have only shopped on Black Friday one other time and that was 2 years ago. I hit Kohl's and was actually lucky enough to get what I was after. I got the portable DVD player they had advertised. I couldn't believe how many people were there and how crazy it was and how COLD it was and how stupid all of us were for standing out in it for as long as we did! Then, I went to ACE hardware to check out their portable DVD player. I stood in line outside forever while the store manager stood out there giving everyone coffee and telling them where the items were so they didn't tear up the store looking. I had the opportunity to get one, but I really didn't want to get another one. I think I just like seeing if I could. :-) I have never tried Walmart. I can only imagine what that would be like. I can't stand being in Walmart on a regular Saturday afternoon, let alone Black Friday; however, if they have some great deals that Emily or myself are wanting, I'm willing to give it a try! It might actually be fun to be able to shove people in Walmart trying to get to where I want to go. I typically get cart rage when I'm there anyway, and this time I could have an excuse to act on it!

1 comment:

Anee said...

Stacy! I have a hard time picturing you shoving ANYTHING out of the way! But your Friday sounds fun :)

I've always been too chicken to try going to a store on Black Friday. Let us know how that went. Oh! and do checkout this website too- they give you a rundown of what all the major retailers have on sale for Friday:

http://www.black-friday.net/

Enjoy :)