Friday, November 9, 2007

Days off

I think the Bismarck Public School system has entirely too many days off! (I'm sure all of you employed by them would disagree, however) Once again, we have a 4 day weekend. Seriously, wouldn't it make more sense to group these days off together, like maybe around Thanksgiving, so a person could actually "go somewhere"?? I think every other day Emma asks if we can go to Iowa to see Grandma Pipi. I wish we could! If we could have tacked these 2 days off onto the 2 days off we get over Thanksgiving, we could actually travel to Iowa to visit her! I understand the teachers need time for parent-teacher conferences, etc, but I'd bet they could do that a week and a half later? Anyway, we have a 4 day weekend and the kids are already bored. They just went to play at their friend Grant's house, so maybe that will keep them occupied/entertained for a little while? Today is the opener of deer season, so all of the Bubba's are out trying to kill a deer. Scott went out this morning and killed some ducks. He said he was glad that he wasn't out trying to get a deer. He's waiting to do that on Sunday. As for me, I just started over with my line count yesterday and have an extra 230 or so to add to the 2,000 because I didn't get them completed for the last week. This seems to be a never ending task. Maybe I'll start getting faster and it won't take me as long to get it done? Time will tell.

No comments: