Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Getting ready

We've had a pretty uneventful day. The kids had swimming lessons over the noon hour. My friend, Sherry, called the other day to set up a play date for the kids, so she and I got together to do some catching up while the kids played. We spent a little time at the park as well.

I have been trying to get everything we need packed and ready for our trip to Colorado tomorrow. I was looking online for some printable maps of the US for our trip. I thought it would be fun for the kids to color in the different states we will travel in. While I was searching for that, I stumbled on a site that had printable coloring pages of the state flags, state bird and state flower and printed sheets of those off for both Gage and Emma for each state (ND, SD, WY, CO). Although Emma won't be able to take complete advantage of them because she can't read, I think they will both enjoy them. It tells you what colors to use in the different places on the flag, flower and bird. Hopefully that will keep them quiet for awhile? I'm praying I won't wake up with this headache again tomorrow because it won't be fun traveling with the kids with the throbbing I have going on. Maybe I should pack some cottonballs for my ears?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to post while we're gone or not? Scott will have his laptop with him, so I may be able to use that. Don't worry if you don't hear from me until Monday. We'll arrive back home sometime Sunday evening.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Have a great trip! Can I sneak in your suitcase?!?! Ha! Call me when you get home!

Melissa said...

oh have fun in Colorado!