Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's done!

Believe it or not, we completely finished the house painting project that we started last summer!! Scott painted the rafters (thank goodness, because it hurt my neck something terrible when I did the other half last summer) and I painted the south and east foundation. I'm so glad that is done and I can stop worrying about it!

It was pretty hot out again today and I think painting in the heat, upside down (when you're painting that low to the ground, you can get into some awfully weird positions!) gave me a headache. I was feeling kind of terrible for awhile. I had Scott finish the basement window wells while I sat and rested outside for awhile. We did have quite a bit of wind, so the breeze felt nice, even though it was hot. After I got inside, I decided that maybe a bath would help me feel better, then I went and laid down on my bed. I fell asleep and took a good long nap. Usually naps are a bad thing for me because it means I won't be able to fall asleep tonight. Hopefully I won't have that problem, but thankfully my headache is pretty much gone.

Yesterday Emma was begging to draw something out of the Family Fun Box so I pulled out several activities that I thought would be okay for the day. She picked one and didn't like it, so put it back and kept doing that until she found one she was okay with. Since I cherry picked them before she did, I didn't really care which one she drew out. She finally decided on "Family Game Night". She picked Monopoly Jr. We played it last night and actually had a good time! There wasn't any fighting or crying over who was winning, etc. I suppose that's because Emma won! I decided that it was actually a good game to play with them because they had to count out money and do some simple addition and subtraction. Emma can actually figure those simple math problems out! We played again tonight, but you could definitely tell Emma was tired, because she was crying when she didn't get to go first. It wasn't as much fun playing tonight, however, we played 2 games. We need to get them to sleep early tomorrow night so they won't be so tired and grouchy at school on Tuesday...............................speaking of tired and cranky, Emma just came down to the basement to see if I would lay with her awhile. It's 10pm, so it's obvious she'll be tired and cranky again tomorrow! UGH! I best go and lay with her.

No comments: