Monday, December 3, 2007

Hollywood, here I come....................NOT!

What a way to start the day. First of all I wanted to get up at 5:30 this morning to work before the kids had to get up and get ready for school. (Scott is out of town). After hitting the snooze 2 times, I shut the alarm off and decided I would just work after I took Emma to school. When that alarm went off at 7:00 am, I hit snooze again 2 more times. Finally, we get up, get breakfast, get ready for school. Last night I got all of Emma's paperwork ready because they are having early Kindergarten registration at Northridge, Centennial and Murphy due to the overcrowded problem these 3 elementary schools are having. Anyway, I decided we would go first thing to register Emma so I can be sure to have her on the list, and at the top of the list in case they don't do all day, every day Kindergarten, then I will have first choice for her to go mornings or afternoons. Apparently I was the first parent there to register (or it appeared that way). When we walked into the room, the news camera was there waiting for their first victim. UGH! I HATE cameras, especially ones that put you on television!!!!!!! So, the kids and I were at the table filling out the papers. Gage engaged in small talk with the teacher's assistant that was manning the registration table. I didn't look up from my paper one time because I didn't want to see if the camera was on me or not. Then, the camera man was right next to me zoomed onto my paper while I was filling in information. At one point someone asked Gage about his little sister coming to Kindergarten and he said something about her being a handful. I have no idea if that was being filmed, as I said, I didn't take my eyes off the paper. After I was done, they asked if they could interview me. (If I had known this was going to happen, I wouldn't have hit the snooze multiple times this morning and I would have at least combed my hair and not worn my trusty old stocking hat. Although it was probably better that I had the stocking hat on, combed hair or not!) I didn't want to interview and when they asked, I was like "Oh, I'm sure you could find someone better than me!" They didn't seem to want to pass me up for some reason. I asked them if I had any snot dripping from my nose or anything. They said I looked beautiful. YEAH RIGHT! I know better than that. Then I thought about these stupid braces and how wonderful it all looks with my three front teeth. They certainly got a winner with me. I can't remember exactly the questions they asked, but I know I sounded retarded and didn't really elaborate on any of her questions. I hope they edit me completely out of it. I'm sure if you all want to see the interview, you can log onto the website sometime later today or tomorrow to see my debut to fame. http://www.kfyrtv.com/

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

We saw it!!!! And believe it or not, Lukey said your name. For real. He pointed and said, "ta-cee". Then to just show me he knew what he was saying he looked at me and said, Emma. Very cute.

We were all so happy to see you and Gage on the news. You are a star.