Friday, July 25, 2008

Weekend activities

Tomorrow morning we are headed to Fargo for Scout Day with the Redhawks. We are leaving earlier in the morning so I can have a chance to do some school shopping before all of the festivities start up. Scott mentioned this evening that we should devise some sort of budget for school shopping. I asked him, "What, are you afraid I'm going to go hog wild on clothes for the kids?" I assured him that that was not my plan. Emma has 1 pair of jeans that fit her that I found at Old Navy on the sale rack this past spring. The rest of her jeans look like she's expecting a flood. I am sure we're going to have problems finding jeans that fit her. I remember having the same problem when I was growing up. We could never find any long enough. In fact, I'm not sure if I ever had a pair of jeans that were the right length? Thankfully the style back then was to wear several different pairs of different colored socks and layer them up your pant legs, or it was in style to roll your jeans up. Gage needs a couple of pairs of jeans as well, but I hate to buy them too soon, because they can wear shorts for the first month or so (if it doesn't get too cold too fast!), and by then, he could have outgrown a pair of jeans. In Tuttle we are keeping a record on the door frame in the kitchen of the kids' height. Gage grew over 2 inches from May to July! YIKES! So, I don't want to stock up on a bunch of jeans, only to have them too short in a few months. Scott is convinced I am going to go nuts when I get in the mall and get to go to the Gymboree store, Kids Gap, or Children's Place. I'll just let him worry.

Gage's baseball clinic with the Redhawk players will be at 3pm, and then a pizza party at 4pm. We will watch the Fargo Redhawks play (I'm not sure who they are "versing", as Gage would say) and then after the game we will be allowed to come back onto the field to camp. They will be showing a PG movie at centerfield, then lights out. It's going to be quite warm tomorrow, so I'm hoping it will at least cool off for sleeping outdoors in the tent.

Wish us luck! Have a great weekend!

I'll be sure to post pictures of our weekend adventure when we get back.

1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

That looks like it was a BLAST!