Monday, November 10, 2008

Gone again

I think it's probably considered a good day since we were able to stay in p.j.'s until 4:30p!! We had a nice and quiet day (until 4:30p). Gage had 3 hours and 5 minutes logged onto his bookmark timer for today! He is now reading the chapter books that I had gotten for Emma, called The Puppy Place. He is on his 3rd book and we just started reading them last night! Gage and Emma also spent a little time outside playing in the snow with the neighbors.

The phone rang this afternoon and it was Scott. He called to say he was on his way home, and wanted to know if it was okay if he went deer hunting tomorrow. Hmmm...............raise your hand if you think it's a smart idea to call your wife to ask permission to leave for another hunting trip before you're even home from the one you've been on for the past 4 days. I'm guessing there aren't many hands raised. I'm pretty sure the only reason he came home when he did was because the guys that were in Tuttle with him had to catch a flight out of Bismarck later this afternoon. He tried to make it better by telling me he was planning to take Gage with him. I'm not sure how that's better, to trade Gage for Brie?

Scott got home this afternoon around 4:15p. I decided for supper we should use my Texas Roadhouse gift card that I've had for a month or so. We got dressed (my first time out of my p.j.'s for the day) and headed over to the restaurant. It was a much needed outing, despite the fact that Scott was glued to his cell phone checking emails and sending texts, until he caught my death glare, that is. (Have I ever mentioned that I hate cell phones?) After supper we ran down to the mall as we needed to get some supplies at Target. Scott said he needed to go to Scheel's, so I thought that would be fine, since I wanted to get Emma some good mittens. I swear Scott has ADHD. He was basically flitting from one thing to the next and then wanted to go to the Scheel's bike shop to look at some snowshoes. Again, we're walking at quite a brisk pace just to try and keep up with Scott. Actually, I think the kids had to break out into a run. We left Scheel's and headed for home. AGAIN, he's running around the house like a chicken with his head cut off trying to round up Gage's warm clothes and winter clothing to go deer hunting. I wasn't aware of the fact that they were planning to leave TONIGHT to go to Tuttle. They were gone by 7:30. Scott was home for a whole 3 hours. I guess he thinks it's okay since Gage went with him. Emma's not happy, and neither am I! A little while after they left Emma was asking me where all of her stuff went. I wasn't sure what she was talking about. We have been laying their winter clothes at the front door, near the heat vent so that their stuff can dry before they go out the next time, and that's what she was talking about. Her snow pants were gone. I went to look, and sure enough, Scott took Emma's snowpants and left Gage's on the floor. I called his cell to let him know. He had to turn around and come back to get them. If he had slowed down, just a little bit, before they left it would have ended up saving them some time as he wouldn't have had to turn around and come back. He said Gage and Emma both said those were Gage's. Well, they are both black and almost identical, except for the size. They don't know that stuff!!!

I think next year, I am going to propose to Scott that he just move to Tuttle for the fall season.

No comments: