Friday, November 14, 2008

Shopping and scrapping

This morning I decided to venture out and go to Walmart. I can't even tell you the last time I was even at Walmart! I think having Emma in Kindergarten is saving me money. Last year when I was taking her to Jr. K at the YMCA on M-W-F mornings, I would always drop her off and say to myself, "Where should I go this morning?" Now that they are both walking distance to school, I rarely get into my car it seems, therefore am not making unnecessary shopping trips. I wanted to get a start on Christmas shopping since I haven't done any of that yet and see what they even have out there this year! I found and bought a few things for Emma and then headed home. I spent most of the day trying to organize my scrapbooking stuff because it is such a mess in there! My friend, Sherry, invited me to go scrapbooking with her this evening so I needed to get some pages laid out before I went. I only got 3 pages done, but that is 3 more than I would have gotten done if I had been at home. There were a few younger girls there (4th or 5th grade maybe?) that were running around and being obnoxious, and another lady that was coughing her lungs out and it was starting to get on my nerves. Usually that stuff doesn't bother me too much, but man, after awhile it really gets to me!

The kids had their first swimming lessons of this session this afternoon. They both passed the last session and Gage's lessons are now an hour long. I think he was pretty tired when he got done! Emma sat with me for 30 minutes waiting for her lessons to start. It was a cold and windy day here today so I'm sure coming out of the YMCA after having been in the pool wasn't much fun. I made them both wear their ski mask stocking hats so their faces and wet hair wouldn't freeze. Unfortunately for Emma, they have Rays and Starfish grouped together. She just passed out of Rays into Starfish, so she really isn't in a higher level. They also have 6 or 7 kids in her class and only one teacher, so half of her time is spent on the side of the pool waiting for her turn. That's kind of frustrating. After she is 6 she can move into the higher levels, but right now she is at the highest level she can be in the 5 and under group.

We don't have any big plans for the weekend, and as far as I know, Scott doesn't have any hunting plans. Hopefully we can have a nice, quiet weekend at home.

No comments: