Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Baseball picture day

Today was a very long day. Mostly because of the fact that I was awake coughing my lungs up most of the night! I will be taking some NyQuil tonight!!!

After dropping the kids off at school this morning, I walked with my friend Kara around the Tom O'Leery loop TWICE. She clocked it in at 4.61 miles! And, believe it or not, I didn't fall on my butt this time! HA HA!

We had a busy evening of activities with Gage and Emma. We were to be at Centennial Elementary School this evening at 5:10 to be ready for baseball pictures at 5:30. Let me tell you, this is the most organized group I have ever been a part of! They had a moving truck parked in the parking lot with all of the uniforms inside. Once they got all of the uniforms neatly organized, all the players on Gage's team had to take their shoes and socks off outside of the truck, enter on the passenger side, go into the back of the moving truck with the rules of no touching, no talking and I can't remember the 3rd thing, then they were to exit the truck out the driver's door. Inside the truck the man dressed them all in their uniforms and made sure they fit, and their pants fit and that the zippers worked. When they exited the truck, they stood in line for their ball cap, socks and belt, and after getting their hat, another person was there to mark their uniform number inside their hat (there is a strict rule that you cannot play if you don't have your hat with you, as it is part of the uniform!) and write down what sizes of clothing they were given. From there, they went and had their pictures taken individually, and then as a group. It was almost military like! The man that was helping the kids into the truck, made a mistake and had them exiting on the passenger side instead of the driver's side and he quickly was made aware of that mistake, and the gal told him they've been doing this for 5 years and they aren't changing it now! Whew! I guess she told him, and I'm quite sure he won't be making that mistake again!

From baseball uniform distribution, we went through a drive thru for supper because we didn't have time to eat at home because we had to go straight to church for their spring program rehearsal! We got home about 8 pm and Scott bathed the kids and then we read stories to them and thankfully, my day is done! Now, I just need to go take a big swig of NyQuil!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Wow! I am sure you were amazed how organized everything was...what a nice change from the normal chaos associated with those activities! It should be a fun baseball season!