Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Belated Tree Planting photos

I've been told by some good friends, Juanita and Aneetha, to keep posting the photos, so I will! :-) I just got the CD with our tree planting photos last night at the pack meeting, so I thought I would share a few of them with you.


From left to right: Brycen, Erik, Tyson, me, Emma and Gage, the fearless tree planters!


Hard at work digging our first (and only) hole!
With only 3 tools, each had to wait for their own turn. That was hard to do!

Tyson and Gage hauling a bucket of water for our tree while Emma supervises.


Brycen and Emma haul a bucket of water while Tyson carries his own bucket.
This morning we got a call from our friend, Alan, who is in 4th grade and putting on a play at school about Lewis and Clark. He asked if we would like to come and see it, at either the 9:20 a.m. show, or the 7 p.m. show. I'm hoping to have the kids ready for bed by 7pm, so I opted to take Emma to the early show. She was very excited about going. Alan remembers us coming to his older sister Ellie's show a couple of years ago and said he remembered Emma hollering something out to Ellie during the show. I don't remember that, but my mind isn't quite as sharp at remembering all the little details like it once was. Anyway, we went to the show and sat with our Pastor and his wife who were also there to watch Alan. It was a cute production and we were happy to have something different, and fun, to do this morning to kill a little time before we went to the grocery store.
I had 6 or 7 things on my grocery list and left with $100 worth of groceries! I know I would save so much more money if I ordered them online. I wouldn't have all the impulse buys which are what causes the total to go up and up. I did order them online once or twice, but for whatever reason I was embarrassed when the man came to deliver them, because I felt like he might have been thinking I was perfectly capable of going to the store myself and getting my groceries. I was, but I thought it would be easier AND cheaper without the kids. I remember going online to order them one other time and I couldn't get my total up to $50 to avoid an extra $5 shopping fee, so I thought, "Ah, what the heck! I'll just go get them myself!" I went to the store and came home with $90 worth of groceries. So that is proof right there that I would save money by ordering them online!!! At that time they were charging a $5 shopping fee (which was waived if you ordered $50 or more in groceries) and a $5 delivery fee. The delivery fee may have gone up with the price of gas these days, but it would probably still be cheaper than getting them myself. I'll have to try it again sometime!




1 comment:

Emily Jennings said...

yes you should! There's nowhere here that offers online ordering...that I know of. Oh well. I just enjoy making everyone feel sorry for me as I trek thru the store with my kids and their cases of the gimmies.

However, www.thegrocerygame is amazing! And I am saving tons of money with it! I know they offer it now in Bismarck with CVS and Walmart. If you do it, you have to refer me. Trial month is only $1.