Friday, May 9, 2008

Parade

Tonight we went to the big band parade downtown. The kids were very excited and caught a lot of candy. I asked Emma if she wanted to be in a parade like that when she was older and she replies, "No, I'll just catch the candy!" Big surprise there! I'll be surprised if her teeth don't rot. When we left the parade we quickly got to the car and headed for home. Emma informed us that she had to go to the bathroom. I really hate when you leave something like a band parade, or music concert or anything like that when it is so loud and everyone is talking so loudly that you can't even hear yourself think. Well, apparently that's what was happening in the car on the drive home because we didn't hear the seriousness in Emma's statement "I've got to go pee!" When we got home and were going into the house, Emma was hiding back in the car and didn't want to come out. I said, "Come on Emma! We need to get ready for bed!" She was afraid Dad was going to get mad at her, and I asked, "For what?" She was so embarrassed to tell me she had wet her pants. Well, if there's anyone who can sympathize with her, it's me. Weak bladders run in the family!! I made sure she knew no one was mad at her and got her up to the tub and gave her a bath. She said, "Boy, I was filthy!" LOL! "Yes Emma, you were filthy!"

We have a busy Saturday ahead of us. We have almost every hour of our day scheduled with some sort of activity. We will be planting trees for Cub Scouts tomorrow at 9am, Emma has a birthday party from 12-2 to go to, Gage has a party from 2-4 to go to and then we have our church's annual turkey BBQ to go to around 6pm or so! The worst part is the weather is supposed to be really cold, and possibly snow and rain in the forecast!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: