Thursday, May 8, 2008

Tired

Today we woke up to a little bit of rain, which is desperately needed! I don't know why, but I haven't been sleeping well for the past couple of weeks. This isn't totally unusual for me, but typically it's falling asleep that I have troubles with. I have been falling asleep great, but I keep waking up in the middle of the night (the past couple of nights it was due to coughing) and unable to fall right back to sleep. Needless to say, I woke up very tired this morning. I hit the snooze for half an hour and decided I better get my butt out of bed and get Gage ready for school. I had a hard time getting Emma to wake up this morning too. When it's rainy out, it's just so much better to stay in bed. This afternoon I laid down on the couch while Emma was watching PBS. I am reading a book titled "How Starbucks Saved My Life" that my sister-in-law, Christy, loaned me. It's certainly a good read, but I got to the point where I could hardly keep my eyes open. I had Emma get me the timer off the refrigerator so I could rest with my eyes shut and have the timer set so just in case I would happen to fall asleep, I wouldn't miss getting Gage from school. The timer went off and Emma tapped me on the shoulder and whispered to me as she looked me dead in the eye and said, "Mom, I think you need your tonsils out......you were snoring!" LOL! Since Emma has had her tonsils out, she sleeps as quiet as a mouse! I probably should have had them out many years ago because anytime a doctor or dentist looks in my mouth, they always comment on how big my tonsils are. I never know quite what to say to that? :-) Hopefully I'll wake up a bit more rested tomorrow!

No comments: