Monday, February 23, 2009

igPa atinLa

So, how many of you can speak igPa atinLa? Today when Gage and I were on our walk home from school (Scott took Emma to her dentist's appointment at 3p) he asked me, "Do you know igPa atinLa?" I replied, "esYa ageGa Ia anca alkta igPa atinLa!" He about fell over. He looked up at me in awe and asked how I knew that. Isn't it funny how stupid kids think their parents are? I told him I had older sisters who were fluent in igPa atinLa. LOL! I guess there's no more talking to Scott in Pig Latin so the kids don't know what I'm saying! Gage said he wondered what "Pig French" sounded like. LOL!

We had a jam-packed busy day. As I mentioned earlier, Emma had a dentist appointment at 3pm that Scott took care of, then Gage had his first-ever basketball practice from 4-5p and then Gage and Emma both had gymnastics from 5-6p and I then had volleyball at 6:30. I was going to skip volleyball, but we actually made it home early enough that I didn't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get ready to go. I hate tooting my own horn, but I rocked tonight at volleyball. I think it has something to do with that scientific law, something that is in motion tends to stay in motion? I hadn't sat down at all since school let out and I was on a roll. I served 15 points of our 2nd game! One of the girls said, "Wow Stacy, you are on fire!" I replied, "I don't know about that, but my chest certainly is!" My scratchy throat has moved down into my chest and I think I'm quite thankful I didn't go cycling with Kara this morning at the YMCA, because I think it might have killed me? If volleyball had my chest on fire, I'm quite sure I would have died in a cycling class!

Juanita came back to work today and everyone was glad to see her. She is starting back slow, so I will be working in the afternoons until she is ready to start back to full days. I was able to get quite a bit done this morning, but I think it was because I knew our time after school was going to be spent on the go, so I knew I had to get organized so that could run smoothly.

We are DONE selling Girl Scout cookies! WOO HOO! We turned the orders in to Kara (my co-leader/cookie Mom) today so I was glad to get that out of my hair! However, we have 2 cases of Hershey bars with almonds to sell now for Cub Scouts. Like I said, our neighbors are going to run and hide when they see us walking down the sidewalks. I think after this fundraiser, we will be done selling things until September rolls around and the new school year starts up! I can't wait! NOT!

1 comment:

Kara said...

LOL! I have not used my pig latin in quite some time!