Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sleepovers

I had it much easier in the sleepover department than Emma's friend's Mom. Gage and Alexandra fell asleep fairly easily between 9 and 9:30 (which is very late for us) and then woke up at 6 this morning! UGH! That's too early on a Sunday morning. Heck, that's too early on ANY morning! They played fairly quiet together until my alarm went off an hour later. We had to get up earlier than usual so we could get out to pick Emma up before church. This friend of Emma's lives WAY north of town, so we had to be there by 8:30 to get her picked up so we could get to church on time. Scott and I are teaching Sunday School to the preschoolers this month, so we had to be there by 9am. We dropped Alexandra off at home around 8:20 and her house was very dark and quiet. Unfortunately we were a little too early as they were all still in bed. I didn't want to have to drop her off after we picked Emma up though, so there was no other option. When we got out there to pick Emma up, her Mom said to me, "Guess who was awake until 1:30 this morning?" AARRGH! I knew I shouldn't have let her stay. She has a hard time falling asleep here, let alone at someone else's house. She said, "Mom, we watched 2 whole movies before bedtime!" I'm sure she could have watched 2 more while she laid awake until 1:30! She didn't think going to bed tonight at 5:30 sounded like a great idea, but she's been so doggone tired today she needed to! We ate supper around 4:30 and had Emma in bed by 5:30. Of course she wasn't asleep for about another hour, so I guess it's a good thing we started much earlier. Needless to say, Emma won't be doing any sleepovers for quite awhile! She has such problems turning off her brain at night. I typically do too, so it's hard for me to get upset with her, because I know what she's going through. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. If anyone has any tips, I'd be happy to hear them and try them out!

We've been selling Girl Scout cookies like crazy this weekend. I have forgotten to tell people that there is a new Cookie Share program this year though. If there's anyone we've already sold to, who happens to be reading this, and they wish to designate any of the cookies they bought to the Cookie Share program, or buy more, let me know. The Cookie Share program allows people to buy cookies that will be donated to the charity of our Troop's choice. We chose the Ruth Meier's Hospitality House and when the cookies come in, the girls in our Troop will actually be the ones who deliver the cookies to their Food Pantry. This is such a neat thing for the girls. I know when we Trick-or-Treated for canned goods, it sure felt good to be able to give that food to people who need it, and what a treat for them to get GIRL SCOUT COOKIES, when they normally wouldn't. So, let me know if you would like to donate some cookies!

Needless to say, I'm just as tired as the kids are today, so I'm going to cut this short and get myself ready for bed. I have quite a busy week ahead with working at the library, a Daisy Scout meeting, getting ready for Emma's birthday party on Saturday and for whatever stupid reason, I volunteered back on the first day of school to organize Emma's school Valentine Party. What was I thinking?

G'night!

No comments: