Thursday, March 5, 2009

Clutter

Today, on my day off, I tried to remove some clutter. Specifically Emma's clutter. Her room was a mess and I have been ignoring it too long. I think that may be part of the reason she has been wanting to sleep in the guest room for the past week, because her room is (was) so messy she can't (couldn't) even stand it. It took me 2 solid hours to declutter and reorganize her room. I had a grocery sack full of paper and candy wrappers and all sorts of garbage that she just leaves lying around her room or tucks into her purses and bags. I can't really blame her for not wanting to be in there, because I didn't either! What I don't understand is why she doesn't try a little harder to keep it picked up? Emma is the packrat queen and it's almost like a treasure hunt when I dig into her room because I never know what I'll find. Apparently all that work paid off because when she came home from school today she went down to her room with our neighbor-girl and she came back up and thanked me for cleaning her room. AND, she even wanted to sleep in there tonight! I am now convinced that it's the clutter that Emma dislikes, not her room. I wish I could get those organizer people off the HGTV channel to come to my house and help me get organized. I really am anal about that kind of thing, but I've been slacking in that department for quite some time. I guess I'm alot like Emma, in that I get overwhelmed and don't even know where to start. I suppose it's that time of year when the spring cleaning bug is going to hit and I want to be ready when it does!

Another thing I would like to gripe and complain about is this stupid digital t.v. stuff. UGH! It makes me so mad. We have this nice big television and half the time I choose to watch the fuzzy channels because it is always messing up and getting pixelated or whatever you call it. We have a new digital antenna that is this flat unit that can hang on the wall or sit on the television stand. Every channel we watch it has to be in a different place or it won't come in. Sometimes it is hanging on the hinge of the closet door, sometimes it is hanging on the door knob and sometimes it's sitting on the television stand. There really is no benefit to having a remote control because we have to get up to move the stupid antenna to a different spot each time we change the channel anyway. If anyone knows what we need to do to fix this problem, I would be happy to hear what you suggest. We won't be getting cable, but is there some sort of antenna we need to put on top of our house to get better reception?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,
Carson informed me yesterday that he is the only one in his class that doesn't have cable! Well, we do have cable but it's just the limited package (only channels 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20,21,22) and it's only $15/month. But it eliminates needing a converter box. Just FYI.
Bye, Sherry
P.S. We also got a new, large flat screed TV a month ago. We surprised the kids and Greg set it up when I had them out of the house. Carson saw it and fell to the ground saying "We have Cable!" and I said "No, sorry, same channels as before"