Monday, March 23, 2009

Last game

Tonight was our last volleyball game of the season. We won 2 out of 3 matches, but the referee made the other team forfeit the second game because one of their players got hurt and took up too much time laying out on the floor. She rolled her ankle and it did look quite painful, but I think there was a little more drama there than necessary. Although, maybe that's how a normal person acts? Usually when something like that happens to me, I hop up and pretend I am okay and then when I am in the privacy of my own home, I cry. They wheeled a cafeteria table into the gym to haul her out to the door so they could get her to her car. I know one thing for sure, I would have felt really bad if they had wheeled a big cafeteria table in to haul my ass out! I'm quite sure I would have hopped out before that happened. I hope the gal is okay though. She was outside when I got to the school and she couldn't find the door to get into the gym. She said she was a sub and this must have been her first night to play? I'm sure she's wishing I had never shown her where to get into the school right now.

We are getting tons of rain. We certainly don't need it right now either. It was starting to turn into ice on our way home from Gage's basketball practice around 5p. That kind of let up and now it's back to just cold rain. There was a big ice jam in the river that is causing some flooding. I just pray we don't get any water in our basement. This nasty weather is supposed to turn into a blizzard tonight, and I'm hoping the weatherman is wrong. We certainly don't need any more moisture right now.

No comments: