Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring forward

I have not been too springy today, that's for sure. That one hour of lost sleep feels like 8! I think I am going to make this short and see if I can make up for that lost hour tonight.

They are calling for 6-12 inches of snow here in the next 24-48 hours! As if we don't already have enough. I get to work in the library all this week, so am excited about that. Juanita is back but Jan is in Mexico with her hubby this week so I get to fill in! It's a short week with our spring break starting on Friday. We'll also have Monday off. What a spring break! They should postpone it until it actually feels like spring!

I did not give Emma the melatonin tonight. I was reading about it on several different web-sites and it appears to be controversial when given to kids who don't have neurological impairment, such as autism, or even ADHD. Has anyone ever heard about this controversial subject? If you have, I'd like to hear what you know about it. Apparently there haven't been any long term studies melatonin and normal kids. As I understand it, it shouldn't be given for long periods of time, just a few weeks to get them into a normal sleep/wake schedule. She was having problems getting to sleep tonight which makes me want to give it to her to see if it will help, but I don't want to give it to her if it's going to have any harmful effects. What's your opinion?

No comments: