Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not much going on here

I was glad to find out this morning when I got out of bed that all of my limbs are working like they are supposed to! Apparently I didn't break anything, so that is good.

Our days have been so boring I don't know what to write about. All we did after school today was deliver a few GS cookies. I'm down to 100 boxes on my living room floor! WOO HOO! :-)

We're supposed to have some warmer weather tomorrow. In the 50's. Gage's class is taking a Field Trip tomorrow to an Ice Show and I volunteered to be a driver, so I am excited to get to go as well. I love watching people ice skate. I wish I could. I'm quite sure I WOULD break something if I were to attempt that!

I learned today that my Mom is going to have 2 surgeries now instead of the 1 carotid endarterectomy. She has a very faint pulse in one of her feet and they want to place a stent in her femoral artery before they do the surgery on her carotid artery. The first surgery is next Thursday and the other one will be on the following Tuesday. When Scott gets home tomorrow we will be booking a flight to Iowa as I will be using one of Scott's free frequent flyer tickets. I guess that's one advantage to his frequent business trips! I'll let you know when I get my itinerary figured out Mom and Dad.

I worked in the library this afternoon. I was at Corpus Christi with the Kindergarteners today. It went quite well and I was happy about that. We are now splitting each class into 2 groups, 1 group listens to a story while the other checks out books, then after 15 minutes we switch. That way we only have half the kids in the library at once and with it being so small, that is a great way to cut down on the number of kids in the library. I noticed it also doesn't get quite as hot in there without all those bodies in there at once too and I like that!

Emma's hair fixing session went okay this morning. The curls were cute but they were gone when I saw her at library time. I knew they would be. I'm not very good at fixing hair with a curling iron. I suppose because I never curl mine. I told her this morning when she was starting to get tired of standing, "It's hard work being beautiful isn't it?" She replies, "Yes, it is!" :-) She's so funny sometimes.

That's about all I can think of. Pretty boring around here lately.

No comments: