Friday, March 13, 2009

First day of spring break

We had a pretty low-key sort of day today. We did take a little trip to Barnes & Noble and had some fun looking at books and buying too many of them! I have a weakness for books as many of you know and when Gage or Emma comes asking if they can have a book, it's hard to say no. I also found a new book out by John Grisham. He's one of my favorite authors and it seems like it has been a long time since he's had a new book out. It's called The Associate.

We got to eat supper at my favorite place, China Garden. I always order the same thing and so do the kids. I love having leftovers for lunch the next day. I'll have to make some macaroni and cheese so the kids won't want their leftover Chinese food! :-)

It was a nice day here today. Nice days = melting snow. I can't imagine how long it is going to take to melt all of this snow. I'll bet we still have some of these big drifts around in May.

Gage has been wanting to learn how to play chess. I have never learned how and have never really cared to. I guess it has always intimidated me. I didn't even know that Scott knows how to play chess until not too long ago. Gage has a DS game that has chess on it and he has been learning how to play. Today while we were at B & N they had a No Stress Chess game that Gage was wanting. You can play it 2 ways, like real chess and the no stress way. The no stress version has cards that you draw that tell you which chess piece to move and it shows you how those pieces move. After you play it awhile, you begin to memorize the moves each piece can make and eventually will get to where you can play the real game. I was amazed at how much of it Gage already understands! Of course when we were playing he didn't tell me of some of the rules until after I either lost a piece or he won. LOL! He was teaching Emma how to play and it was funny listening to them. He was quite astonished when Emma took his queen!

Gage has a basketball game in the morning at the YMCA. All of his games start at 8:30 so there will be no sleeping in on Saturdays for a few weeks. I did get to sleep in until 9 this morning though, so that was nice.

No comments: