Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Phone call

I got a phone call from Emma this evening and she says, "Hi Mom, my friend Emily pinched my ear and told me that's how it hurt when she got her ear pierced and it didn't hurt me, so can I get my ears pierced?" NOT! She didn't like the fact that I said no. She continued to beg and beg and I told her that she would not be getting her ears pierced, ESPECIALLY when I'm not there! She didn't let up until Scott finally took the phone away from her. I'm sure bedtime was quite pleasant tonight!

Not much going on here in Iowa. Dad and I took Mom to Mt. Ayr today to have some blood drawn. They are going to go over the results with us when we go to her appointment in Des Moines tomorrow morning at 9:45. We will know then, as to whether or not her kidneys are functioning like they should be and if she can go ahead with the carotid endaterectomy. She is recovering quite well from the stents being placed last Thursday and Dad says it was a complete success since he doesn't have ice cold feet on his back in bed at night. I'm hoping the carotid surgery will be just as successful.

The weather here is just a bit chilly and windy, although it's nothing like back home in Bismarck. I'm hoping all of that snow will be gone by the time I get home this weekend! Wishful thinking, I know.

Scott and the kids seem to be doing great. I have never been away from the kids for this long and it feels a bit weird. I am missing them and wondering what they are doing, but I will admit it has been a nice little break. I always think it's a good thing for Dad to be full-time every once in awhile so he is reminded about how tough the job can be.

I suppose I should get to bed. Dad's 6:30am wake up call is going to come way too soon! Good night all!

No comments: