Friday, June 13, 2008

Camp Edventure

Not near as much rain today, but quite windy and a bit chilly. Emma and I took a trip to the grocery store this morning while Gage was at Camp Edventure. Not too exciting, but something we desperately needed to do. Gage was sad after he got home from camp today and asked, "Mom is tomorrow a weekend day?" I replied, "Yes Gage, tomorrow is Saturday." To this Gage replies, "UGH! I want to have another camp day!" Obviously, he's enjoying camp. They had some pirate fun today and a lot of them came out of the school with fabric wrapped around their heads like a pirate bandanna and also with tattoos, eye patches, etc. They also sculpted dragon-like creatures out of some sort of clay-like stuff. I am mad at myself for pulling Gage out of the second session of camp. When we had all of the kids' activities written down on the summer calendar that Gage brought home from school, Scott flipped out because of how busy it looked and that there was no time for the kids to just do "nothing". Well, if he stayed at home with the kids on a regular basis, he would know that having "nothing" planned for the day can be much worse than having 100 things going on at the same time! They will not allow you to sign back up because there are waiting lists for kids to get into this FREE program. So, Mr. Scott better have something FUN planned for the latter part of July! :-) This year the camp is more "academic" than it has been in the past and they are focusing on reading and math (which I believe is because as a school district, we tested lower in those areas?) which I didn't know until after I had pulled Gage out of the second session of camp. If I had known that, I would have been less likely to be "pressured" into taking Gage out of the 2nd camp session. Oh well, I'll know more (or better) next year!

Scott will be getting home tonight from his trip to Nebraska. I'm hoping to get a few things done this weekend, like wash the outside windows on the front of the house. I have finally lived someplace long enough to have to worry about those kinds of things! I'm tired of walking downstairs in the morning unable to see out of the windows because the sun is trying to shine through several layers of dirt! Since I don't know how to disassemble the windows I tried washing them last year with a cleaning solution that you hook onto the garden hose and spray onto the windows, but I don't think it worked too well through the screens? I'm sure this is probably not what he planned to do for his Father's Day weekend, but something we need to do nonetheless.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: