Thursday, June 19, 2008

What a day!

I was just going to go to bed and not post anything, but I decided I better, because I don't want anyone worrying about me and wondering if something is wrong, since I'm pretty faithful at posting each day.
We had a terrible ending to our night. Gage had a major meltdown AGAIN! I don't know what to do about them. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them. He was behaving badly, or mostly just talking rudely to me yesterday and I warned him that he was not going to get to go see Kung Fu Panda. I already know the answer to my problem as I sit here and type. I should NOT HAVE LET HIM GO SEE KUNG FU PANDA. I let him go though, because Grandpa and Grandma wanted to take the kids to the movie. I told Gage, when he asked if he behaved well enough to get to go, that no, he did not, but I was going to let him go anyway. The kids went to see the movie, then they stopped at home to ask if it was okay for them to go to Target. I said it was okay. Gage and Emma came back with a toy, which is the reason they went. We went out to eat supper, then when we got home Scott told me he needed to run to Sam's Club to get some things and asked if I wanted to go. I thought, "Well, sure, I guess I can go and let the kids stay home and be with Grandma and Grandpa." I should have just stayed home. I didn't realize the kids would still be up at 9 when we got home, and not even in their pajamas. (I'm not exactly sure what time we got home, it could have been a little later). That was our fault though because we didn't ask them to get the kids ready for bed or put them to bed for that matter. To make a long story short, Gage lost control of his temper when I told him it was too late to read stories when I was putting him to bed and said and did things that he feels totally awful about now and he got a couple of spankings out of the deal. And, while all of this was going on, Emma decided to stand up in her bed and stick her head into the ceiling fan. She's going to have a pretty nice bruise on her forehead tomorrow. I said to Emma, "I'll bet you never do that again!" She assured me that she wouldn't. I know I probably shouldn't be posting this (because I'm sure Scott's parents will be reading this when they get home), but it's on my mind and this is good therapy. I just don't know what to do, I'm damned if I do, and I'm damned if I don't.

No comments: