Monday, June 30, 2008

Almost ready!

Well, we're nearing time for our trip. It IS much easier to leave in the afternoon after I have had all morning and early afternoon to get my crap together! I have the car all organized and packed (and I weeded out some of the stuff Emma thought she needed to take). I hate traveling in a messy car. It just drives me nuts. I have Emma's stuff contained in a basket in the extra seat in the middle and Gage's in a basket in the back seat. Brie will get to ride on the floorboard between the front and middle rows of seats. She's happy wherever we put her, as long as she is going with us!

I got my hair chopped off today. I was lucky to get in, as the gal who cuts my hair doesn't typically work on Mondays, but due to the holiday she was at work today. I told her the only way it could be too short was that if she buzzed me bald. I certainly am close to that! My Dad always says the difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is just a couple of days. That is so true. I think hair is completely overrated. It feels great even though the kids thought I looked funny when we left the salon. When we got in the car to return some library books and DVD's Emma says, "Mom, you look like some stranger driving us around!" HA HA!

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday weekend. I may or may not get a chance to post to my blog while we're in Iowa. We'll see what happens!

No comments: