Saturday, June 21, 2008

Emma's room Day #2

I spent almost the whole day in Emma's room, painting white picket fence boards that I stenciled onto her wall. I knew it was going to be something I would regret starting. It's very cute; however, I have 2 coats on one wall, and I'm sorry to say they need a third coat. I have one coat on the other wall, which means 2 more coats are needed. I know what I'll be doing all day tomorrow! I'm having a hard time being patient to do the finishing touches that should be done at the END of the project, like putting on the outlet covers, switchplate covers, etc. I also had to get one of her blinds back on the window tonight so we could put up the curtain rod with the new valance I got today at my second trip to Lowe's. I'm starting to like that store!! (I'm sure they're starting to like me too!) We picked up the paint for Emma's bed and hopefully we'll get to the point tomorrow where we can start in on painting it. It's going to be purple with pink trim. Her room is going to be adorable when it's finished, and I'm going to want to just sit in there and stare at the walls when it's done. I've never done a "magazine cover" room make-over before and will probably never get to do it again!

We had some friends, Amy and Johann, over for supper this evening. We had a nice time visiting. I secretly think that was Scott's way of getting out of helping in Emma's room (even though he promised this morning that he would help me all day long), oh, and he also had some seminar thing he went to today that was kind of for work, but totally an on his own type of thing, which got him out of Emma's room for a couple of more hours. When he called home to let me know he was on his way, he apparently heard a little frustration in my voice because when he came in, he set a Starbucks frappucino in front of me while I was plugging away at the picket fence. He saved his butt there! I certainly couldn't yell at him for that!

The kids played with the neighbor kids all day. They did very well until later in the afternoon when some kind of trouble started up between Gage and Erik. Sometimes I think Gage can get too much of a good thing and get to the point where he just needs to take himself away from the situation for some quiet time. He ended up getting some quiet time, but I wish he had chosen to do it on his own! They got to bed late again due to the fact that we had company over, but since none of us woke up until 8:45 this morning, maybe they won't be too irritable tomorrow! One can only hope!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

No comments: