Monday, April 7, 2008

Big day tomorrow

Well, Emma's big day is tomorrow. She is the second surgery case of the morning and we are supposed to be there by 7:45 a.m. I worked extra hard tonight to get her to sleep early so she will be well-rested and ready to get those huge things taken out! Scott and Gage had a Cub Scout meeting tonight so they were gone which helped me to get Emma to sleep without any distractions. She is to have nothing to eat or drink after midnight so I got her to drink some extra water before she fell asleep. I hope that doesn't backfire on me and end up with a wet bed. She hasn't done that in a LONG time, so I hope we don't have any accidents tonight. She is not going to like the idea of not being able to eat or drink anything in the morning, so I'm hoping she'll sleep til the last minute so we can just wake her up and go. Gage will be going over to the neighbors to ride to school with them and then will go to another friends' house after school, so he'll be excited about that. When the nurse called this morning to give us instructions she said we would be there a good 2 hours after her surgery is done so I'm hoping if all goes well, we can be home soon after lunch.

Please add Emma to your prayers. I'm sure she'll be fine. I'm hoping I'll be fine as well! I'll give you all an update tomorrow.

No comments: