Monday, April 14, 2008

Day 7

Man, I am ready for Emma to be back to normal! We woke her up last night at 11:30 p.m. to give her some pain medicine to help her through the night, then Scott gave her some early this morning, around 5:30 a.m. before he left on a business trip today. She woke up around 8:30 this morning and I thought she seemed great for having just woke up. Well, not too long after that she turned into a major crank box and she's driving me crazy. We went to sign her up for Safety Village this summer at the Parks and Rec office and she was mad the entire time because she didn't like how I did her hair. I guess she's slowly getting back to normal, but I certainly can't take the rude behavior! She had some pain medicine around 9 this morning and hasn't had any since. She did have a hard time with lunch and didn't want to eat her macaroni and cheese, so I know she's still having some pain. The literature said she should be back to normal in 7-10 days, so I'm anxiously awaiting the old Emma to return!

Gage was a bit cranky this morning too, so I can't wait for him to get home from school in about 1/2 an hour. He was mad before he left for school because he never has enough time to play in the morning. I told him to get up earlier and I would be sure to get him an alarm clock to help him out. He had a terrible cough last night and didn't get to sleep until after 8:30. My kids just can't tolerate getting off a strict bedtime routine. Or maybe I should say that I can't tolerate them after they get off of a strict bedtime routine?

The weather is beautiful here today so hopefully I can get Gage outside to play and wear himself out before bedtime. An easy bedtime would be nice since Scott is gone.

No comments: