Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bubba's back!

Last night we attended Gage's pack meeting where he received his patch for attending the Scout Show last Saturday. There are a lot of exciting events coming up with Cub Scouts. Scott volunteered to be in charge of the 18th Annual Tree Planting Program which is Saturday, May 10. The problem with that is when Scott volunteers to do those things, he's also volunteering ME! I think this one will be fun to do though, so I'm not complaining. I'm attempting to upload the pictures I took last night at the Pack meeting, but for whatever reason, it's not working? I'll keep trying.

On a good note, Bubba has been fixed. This morning when I was brushing my teeth before taking Gage to school, I looked in the mirror and thought, "Oh my gosh! I forgot about Bubba!" I told myself to get some gum and put him in before we left. Apparently I was too distracted trying to get Emma dressed and ready to go and I forgot him. I didn't realize it until we were halfway home when my friend Sherry stopped us to talk. After I said a few things, I nearly died when I remembered, so I put my hand up to cover my mouth and told her Bubba fell out. She didn't care, so I continued to talk. She knows the whole story, so it's not that bad when I don't have to explain why I have a huge gap between my front teeth!

Tonight Gage, Emma and I (Scott can't go because he'll be leaving town today) are going to the Civic Center to see the Broadway show, Annie! I can't wait! (I think I might be more excited than the kids?) When I was younger, I could recite the entire movie, word for word. I've learned, since Emma got the DVD, that I can still do a lot of it! I'll try to get some pictures of that and post those tomorrow. I'll be regretting the whole adventure tomorrow when the kids are tired and cranky from 2 nights in a row of going to bed late! My friend, Kara, and her daughter Jadyn are going too and will be coming over this evening so we can all ride together. That will be much easier than trying to find each other in the crowd of people. Emma is very excited and I think Gage is too, he just doesn't want to admit it because Annie is a "girl movie". He will also get to count this as an elective for Cub Scouts to help him earn Tiger Track beads since going to a live performance is listed in his book! So, maybe that will make him feel better when I tell him that?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

So glad to read Bubba is back!! Bubba gets around doesnt he? Grace called her brother 'bubba' on the video on our blog!! This is fun. THanks for helping me out with it. So glad for Gage. He is such a handsome guy!! I wish I could have half of your energy, or else, a nanny! to help get Grant to everytihng I would like him to go too!!